This page is a community project on PvXwiki.
It exists to provide guidance in improving the wiki and all users are encouraged to participate.
A Build Pack is a collection of template codes ready to download. This page lists functional links to build packs (or a link to an external database of build packs). Packs for each of the categories on the main page will be maintained by the Administrative staff as well as any interested users. Packs that use different criteria may be suggested as well.
Using the Packs
Unzip the downloaded file and place the buildpack folder into your Skills subfolder for Guild Wars. By default, the filepath is:
- C:\Program Files\Guild Wars\Templates\Skills for Windows XP.
- C:\Users\User\Documents\Guild Wars\Templates\Skills for Windows Vista/Windows 7.
Once there, all builds in it will be available from the Load Template menu in Guild Wars.
Build packs should cover Good, Great, and Meta builds of each category, as well as any other build packs deemed necessary by the community. These build packs are collected by a Python 2.7 script. A copy of the code for it is stored here for reference and community input.
Current Build Packs
All available Build Packs can be downloaded here.
The list currently includes:
- PvE General
- Speed Clears
- PvE Teams
- Alliance Battles
- Fort Aspenwood
- Jade Quarry
- Random Arenas
- PvP Teams
- Our collection script must omit builds with no primary profession, as they do not generate template codes that are valid in Guild Wars.
- The script cannot identify such builds within a team build and will still save them. If you find an invalid template in a team build, it was most likely a build with no primary.
- Each submission should describe why you feel the build pack is necessary.
- Each submission should contain links to each build to be included.
After a build is submitted, it will be reviewed and deemed to be either worthwhile or non-worthwhile.
- Worthwhile build packs should be moved to PvXwiki:Build Packs/Queue.
- At this point, build packs should be built and uploaded to the storage account.
- Once the upload is functional, the submission should be archived from the queue.
- Non-worthwhile build packs should be archived using methods similar to the AN.
For many reasons, our Build Packs can become outdated. You can help us keep the build packs up-to-date by alerting us to the problem via PvXwiki:Build Packs/Updating.
- Each notification should include a reason the build pack is out of date.
- Each notification should also contain links to each build which is out of date (or at least a few examples).
- There is no need to notify us after major skill changes or meta changes. We will update the build packs as soon as possible.
Once notified, an admin or a project leader will review the build pack and decide whether or not the pack needs to be updated.
- After the reviewing process, the admin or project leader will update the build packs.
- After large skill balances or meta shifts, this may take some time. Therefore, please be patient and/or help the project leader.
- Reviewed or misplaced notifications should be archived using methods similar to the AN.