This page is a community project on PvXwiki.
It exists to provide guidance in improving the wiki and all users are encouraged to participate.
This project exists to document the effect of the Flux and determine which builds and strategies are affected (positively or negatively).
As of the April 29th update, the Global PvP effect, Flux, was added. With this, there has been implemented a monthly cycle of passive, environmental effects which affect all players in any PvP Arena. As stated in the Developer Notes which came out in parallel with this update,
"The introduction of Flux is a compelling tool to help us keep our competitive formats dynamic, while allowing us to further balance the game. Because slight shifts in the meta are expected from Flux to Flux, it allows us to better target overly problematic builds. If powerful builds can thrive in environments that are not suited to them, we can review the skills to bring them more into line. We want to encourage gameplay where the team that wins does so because they've played more skillfully.".
 Current effect
The effect is Meek Shall Inherit. If you do not have an elite skill equipped, you have +2 to all attributes, +2 Health regeneration, and +1 Energy regeneration.
Given the stated nature of this effect, certain attention is due to builds stored here on PvXWiki which may thrive in the Flux, now and as it changes. Below is an overview of strategies and skills which are affected by the current Flux effect. If you believe that this list is incomplete, feel free to add to it, but it is asked that considerations for removal from this list, beyond janitorial reasoning, are to be taken to the Discussion page and a consensus reached.
 Positively Affected
- Any builds that use no elite.
 Negatively Affected
- Against builds with no elites:
- Pressure builds (a minor disadvantage).
- Energy denial builds.
- Lone Wolf: April 28, 2011 - May 31, 2011
- Unyielding Spirit: June 1, 2011 - June 30, 2011
- There Can Be Only One: July 1, 2011 - July 31, 2011
- Quickening Terrain: August 1, 2011 - August 31, 2011
- Massive Damage: September 1, 2011 - September 30, 2011
- Minion Apocalypse: October 1, 2011 - October 31, 2011 and October 1, 2012 - October 31, 2012
- Hidden Talent: November 1, 2011 - November 30, 2011 and March 1, 2013 - March 31, 2013
- Courier's Haste: December 1, 2011 - December 31, 2011
- Xinrae's Revenge: January 3, 2012 - January 31, 2012
- Keep Yourself Alive: February 1, 2012 - February 29, 2012
- Meek Shall Inherit: March 1, 2012 - March 31, 2012
- Hive Mind: April 1, 2012 - April 30, 2012
- Inverse Ninja Law: May 1, 2012 - May 31, 2012
- Bounty Hunter: June 1, 2012 - June 30, 2012
- Chain Combo: July 1, 2012 - June 31, 2012
- Jack of All Trades: August 1, 2012 - August 31, 2012
- Like a Boss: September 1, 2012 - September 30, 2012
- All In: November 1, 2012 - November 30, 2012
- Parting Gift: December 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012
- Odran's Razor: January 1, 2013 - January 31, 2013
- Amateur Hour: February 1, 2013 - February 28, 2013