Build:A/Me Vaettir Farm
This build is in the metagame and deserves to be stored.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
- More common than the Elementalist farmer due to speed and ease of use.
- Frequently seen during holiday events.
Attributes and Skills
NightfallAssassin. Deadly Arts 2Deadly ParadoxStanceAll of your attack Skills are disabled for 10 seconds. For 6 seconds, your Assassin Skills activate and recharge 33% faster.1510FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 16Shadow FormElite Enchantment SpellFor 22 seconds, you cannot be the target of enemy Spells, and you gain 5 damage reduction for each Assassin enchantment on you. You cannot deal more than 26 damage with a single skill or attack.5130FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 16Shroud of DistressEnchantment SpellFor 62 seconds, if you are below 50% Health, you have 8 health regeneration and a 75% chance to block attacks.10145CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreMesmer. UnlinkedArcane EchoEnchantment SpellIf you cast a Spell in the next 20 seconds, Arcane Echo is replaced with that Spell for 20 seconds. Arcane Echo ends prematurely if you use a non-Spell skill.15220NightfallMesmer. Domination Magic 11Wastrel's DemiseHex SpellFor 5 seconds, target foe is hexed with Wastrel's Demise. Each second while hexed, target foe and all foes adjacent to that foe take 8 damage and an additional 8 damage for each second this spell is in effect. This hex ends prematurely if target foe uses a skill. 5¼3PropheciesMesmer. Inspiration Magic 6ChannelingEnchantment SpellFor 27 seconds, whenever you cast a Spell, you gain 1 Energy for each foe in the area.5115
- Mantra of EarthCoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic 6Mantra of EarthStanceFor 54 seconds, whenever you take earth damage, the damage is reduced by 36% and you gain 2 Energy.1020 - If taken, remove Channeling and bring another of the below optionals. Additionally, the cast sequence changes to Paradox -> SF -> Mantra. You won't usually have time/energy to cast any other Assassin enchantments under the effects of Deadly Paradox.
- Great Dwarf ArmorEotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank Great Dwarf ArmorEnchantment SpellFor 22..40 seconds, target ally has +24 armor, +60 maximum Health, and an additional +24 armor against Destroyers.
PvE only.5110 - a decent armor bonus.
- Way of the MasterEotNAssassin. Critical Strikes 0Way of the MasterEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, while holding a non-dagger weapon, you have an additional 3% chance to land a critical hit.5¼30 and/or Way of PerfectionFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 16Way of PerfectionEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, whenever you successfully land a critical hit, you gain 42 Health.5¼30 - building SF's damage reduction up. Cast on recharge. By stacking enough of these, you can reduce the amount of armor needed via equipment and still take 0 damage per hit.
- Dark EscapeFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 16Dark EscapeStanceFor 16 seconds, you move 25% faster and take half damage. Dark Escape ends if you successfully hit with an attack.530 - Useful for running through Bjora Marches and to speed up the pull. Can also be used to survive with alternative weapon sets (with HSR mod for example).
- Shadow SanctuaryFactionsAssassin. Kurzick rank Shadow Sanctuary (Kurzick)Enchantment SpellYou are Blinded for 10 seconds. For 10 seconds, you gain +5..10 Health regeneration and +40 armor.
PvE only.5¼30 - Great alternative to Great Dwarf Armor, also provides more damage reduction from SF. Also, the hp regen can be a safety net for players who are new to the build.
- "Finish Him!"EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "Finish Him!"ShoutIf target foe has less than 50% Health, that foe takes 44..80 damage and suffers from Cracked Armor and a Deep Wound for 12..20 seconds.
PvE only.1015 + EpidemicCoreMesmer. UnlinkedEpidemicSpellSpread all negative Conditions and their remaining durations from target foe to all foes adjacent to your target.5¼5 - faster kills.
- Cry of PainNightfallMesmer. Sunspear rank Cry of PainSpellInterrupt target foe's skill. If that foe was suffering from a Mesmer Hex, that foe and all foes in the area take 25..50 damage and -3..5 Health degeneration for 10 seconds.
PvE only.10¼15 - some extra damage.
- Heart of ShadowFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 16Heart of ShadowSpellYou are healed for 158, and you Shadow Step to a nearby location directly away from your target.5¼15 - to get unstuck if the vaettir surround you during the pull.
- Mantra of Lightning - For Dragon Moss farming
- Max armor, Blessed Insignas/Attunement Runes.
- Sword, Spear, or Axe with +5e/+20% enchantments (for example: Totem Axe).
- Shield with +10 AR vs. Earth Damage (Inscription: "Like a Rolling Stone").
- Equip your Norn title and make sure you are in Hard Mode.
- Start from Longeye's Ledge to Jaga Moraine by way of Bjora Marches. Don't aggro anything along the way. If a Frost Wurm pops up and knocks you down, cast SF as soon as you get up and you should be able to get away before it can cast anything on you.
- Take the bounty (if desired). If this is the first time you've encountered this shrine keeper, bring heroes along to quickly defeat him and flag them away from the farm afterwards. You will not need to bring them in future runs.
- Maintain Channeling, SF and SoD (cast both under Deadly Paradox), and your optional skill. (Note: When it says maintain SF you want to recast it before it expires. If you wait too long there is a chance that SF will be off for a split second before you get it back on and this will cause you to lose the damage reduction you've worked up.)
- Recast Shroud of Distress (and any other Assassin enchantments you have) on recharge to get the damage reduction stack.
- Group the vaettir up into a tight ball. You can do this in two separate pulls, or in one (see the videos).
- Kill them with Arcane Echoed Wastrel's Demise (tabbing to a new vaettir after hexing one).
- Rezone via the portal to Bjora Marches to farm until you've filled your inventory or get bored.
- Failure to maintain SF.
- Taking too much damage (should only happen if you're not using the right equipment).
Dragon Moss Farming
- Requires the A New Escort quest.
- Run into Drazach Thicket from Saint Anjeka's Shrine.
- Maintain all enchantments and Mantra of Lightning.
- Agro all of the Dragon Moss and run back towards the shrine along the ledge. They should ball up on the ledge behind you.
- Recast enchantments for a fresh set then cast Arcane Echo -> Wastrel's Demise -> and then keep spamming Wastrel's pressing
TABeach time to switch to a different target.
- If you brought other damage spells, you can cast those as well.