Build:Any/Rt Feather Farmer
The PvXwiki community finds this to be an excellent build.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This is a Feather Farming build for any Profession in Normal Mode.
Skills and Attributes
No Profession. Deldrimor rank
For 24..30 seconds, your Stances last 55..100% longer. If you activated this Skill while drunk, you cannot be knocked down.
No Profession. Unlinked
Ritualist. Restoration Magic 12
Generous Was Tsungrai
Hold Tsungrai's ashes for up to 51 seconds and gain +122 maximum Health. When you drop his ashes, you gain 244 Health.
Ritualist. Restoration Magic 12
Vengeful Was Khanhei
Elite Item Spell
Hold Khanhei's ashes for 10 seconds. Whenever a foe strikes you in combat while you are holding Khanhei's ashes, you steal 29 Health from that foe.
Ritualist. Channeling Magic 12
Open a Spirit Rift at target foe's location. After 3 seconds, all adjacent foes are struck for 105 lightning damage and suffer from Cracked Armor for 13 seconds.
Ritualist. Channeling Magic 12
For 1 second, nothing happens. When this skill ends, all foes adjacent to target ally are struck for 89 lightning damage.
No Profession. Unlinked
No Profession. Unlinked
At best the core four skills will spike an entire mob. At worst you will have one or two leftover Sensali. The optional skills offered are to speed up your run (in terms of IMS and cleaning up stragglers with stronger spikes) or to increase survivability (some builds can easily take two mobs at once). Note: Any/Rt attribute levels are based on using a superior rune of that type.
- It is highly recommended to bring one IMS and one extra spiking skill For example: Drunken Masterfor IMS and Light of DeldrimorEotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rankDrunken MasterStanceFor 72..90 seconds, your movement and attack speeds are increased by 10..15%. If you are drunk while activating this Skill, your movement and attack speeds are increased by 25..33% instead.605for better spikes. Survivability skills are mostly important if new to feather-farming or aggroing two mobs.EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rankLight of DeldrimorSpellAll foes in the area are struck for 55..80 holy damage. The location of hidden objects are briefly indicated on your Compass. Any hidden objects in the area are revealed.20¾5
For Eye of the North:
- Drunken Master- For IMS (w/ Dwarven Stability: 111-180 seconds) (Note: even at the lowest rank you can maintain perma-IMS so you can drop Dwarven Stability)EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rankDrunken MasterStanceFor 72..90 seconds, your movement and attack speeds are increased by 10..15%. If you are drunk while activating this Skill, your movement and attack speeds are increased by 25..33% instead.605
- Light of Deldrimor- For a quicker spike with less-to-no stragglers leftoverEotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rankLight of DeldrimorSpellAll foes in the area are struck for 55..80 holy damage. The location of hidden objects are briefly indicated on your Compass. Any hidden objects in the area are revealed.20¾5
- Great Dwarf Armor- For greater health and armorEotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rankGreat Dwarf ArmorEnchantment SpellFor 22..40 seconds, target ally has +24 armor, +60 maximum Health, and an additional +24 armor against Destroyers.1015
- Mindbender- If you're taking a quick-recharge IMS (i.e. Natural StrideEotNNo Profession. Asura rankMindbenderEnchantment SpellFor 6..16 seconds, you move 20..33% faster and your Spells take 20% less time to cast.2415or DashNightfallRanger. Wilderness Survival 7Natural StrideStanceFor 4 seconds, you run 33% faster and have a 50% chance to block incoming attacks. Natural Stride ends if you become Hexed or Enchanted.125), then add this for perma-IMS (w/ +20% Enchantments: 12-19 seconds)FactionsAssassin. UnlinkedDashStanceFor 3 seconds, you run 50% faster.85
- Technobabble, Alkar's Alchemical AcidEotNNo Profession. Asura rankTechnobabbleSpellTarget foe and all adjacent foes are struck for 30..40 damage. If target foe is not a boss, that foe and all adjacent foes are Dazed for 3..5 seconds.10110, Snow StormEotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rankAlkar's Alchemical AcidSpellThrow Alkar's Alchemical Acid at target foe. Target and adjacent foes are struck for 40..50 damage. Destroyers take an additional 45..70 damage and they have Cracked Armor for 14..20 seconds.10110- If compared to LoD above, pros: half the recharge time; cons: double energy cost, slightly slower cast, less damageEotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rankSnow StormSpellCreate a Snow Storm at target foe's location. For 5 seconds, foes adjacent to that location are struck for 30..40 cold damage each second.10110
For Ranger with 7 in Wilderness Survival:
- Natural Stride- Useful if Drunken Master or booze is unavailable (w/ Dwarven Stability: 6-8 seconds or 9-12 seconds with 10 in Wilderness)NightfallRanger. Wilderness Survival 7Natural StrideStanceFor 4 seconds, you run 33% faster and have a 50% chance to block incoming attacks. Natural Stride ends if you become Hexed or Enchanted.125
- Serpent's Quickness- Can speed up Dwarven Stability or VwK recharge (Note: This stance will cancel active IMS stances)PropheciesRanger. Wilderness Survival 7Serpent's QuicknessStanceFor 22 seconds, recharge times for your skills are reduced by 33%. Serpent's Quickness ends if your Health drops below 50%.455
- Troll Unguent- If attempting to aggro more than one group with a quick spikeCoreRanger. Wilderness Survival 7Troll UnguentSkillFor 13 seconds, you gain +6 Health regeneration.1035
For Mesmer with 7 in Domination or Illusion:
- Wastrel's Demise- Stronger spike (Note: Combines well with Unnatural SignetNightfallMesmer. Domination Magic 7Wastrel's DemiseHex SpellFor 5 seconds, target foe is hexed with Wastrel's Demise. Each second while hexed, target foe and all foes adjacent to that foe take 5 damage and an additional 5 damage for each second this spell is in effect. This hex ends prematurely if target foe uses a skill.3¼5FactionsMesmer. Domination Magic 7Unnatural SignetSignetTarget foe takes 43 damage. If that foe is under the effects of a hex or enchantment, foes adjacent to your target take 26 damage.101
- Clumsinessor Wandering EyeCoreMesmer. Illusion Magic 7ClumsinessHex SpellFor 4 seconds, the next time target and any adjacent foes attack, the attack is interrupted and target foe suffers 48 damage.8210- Stronger spikesEotNMesmer. Illusion Magic 7Wandering EyeHex SpellFor 4 seconds, the next time target foe attacks, that attack is interrupted and all nearby foes take 67 damage.1225
For Assassin with 7 in Shadow Arts:
- Dark Escape- Useful if Drunken Master or booze is unavailable (w/ Dwarven Stability: 15-20 seconds or 18-24 seconds with 10 in Shadow Arts)FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 7Dark EscapeStanceFor 10 seconds, you move 25% faster and take half damage. Dark Escape ends if you successfully hit with an attack.305
- Dash- Like Dark Escape but faster speed at a higher energy use (w/ Dwarven Stability: 4-6 seconds)FactionsAssassin. UnlinkedDashStanceFor 3 seconds, you run 50% faster.85
- Unseen Fury- If taking too much damage (Note: very hard to pull off proper spike unless using Light of Deldrimor because blinded foes can't trigger VwK)FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 7Unseen FuryStanceAll adjacent foes are Blinded for 6 seconds. For 19 seconds, you cannot be blocked by Blinded foes.205
- Shroud of Distress- If attempting to aggro more than one group with a quick spikeFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 7Shroud of DistressEnchantment SpellFor 44 seconds, if you are below 50% Health, you have 5 health regeneration and a 75% chance to block attacks.45110
- Shadow Refuge- Like SoD above but with a faster recharge and without <50 health modFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 7Shadow RefugeEnchantment SpellFor 6 seconds, you gain 7 Health regeneration. When Shadow Refuge ends, you gain 68 Health if you are attacking.815
- Feigned Neutrality- More used if you rarely mess-up but want a quick safety net just in caseNightfallAssassin. Shadow ArtsFeigned NeutralityEnchantment SpellFor 4..9..10 seconds, you have +7 Health regeneration and +80 armor. This Enchantment ends if you successfully hit with an attack or use a Skill.25¼5
For Elementalist with 7 in Fire Magic:
- Flame Djinn's Haste- Good against stragglers and rechargeable IMS to next group (w/ +20% Enchantments: 13 seconds)NightfallElementalist. Fire Magic 7Flame Djinn's HasteEnchantment SpellAll adjacent foes are struck for 64 fire damage. For 11 seconds, you move 25% faster. Flame Djinn's Haste recharges 50% faster if a foe was struck by this spell.20¾10
- Inferno- Good for stragglersCoreElementalist. Fire Magic 7InfernoSpellAll adjacent foes are struck for 79 fire damage.10¾10
- Flame Burst- Same as Inferno but with half the recharge time and at a higher energy cost (Note: The difference in damage is negligible)PropheciesElementalist. Fire Magic 7Flame BurstSpellAll nearby foes are struck for 64 fire damage.5¾15
- Bed of Coals- Same as Inferno but with a longer rechargeFactionsElementalist. Fire Magic 7Bed of CoalsSpellCreate a Bed of Coals at target foe's location. For 5 seconds, foes standing adjacent to target foe are struck for 16 fire damage each second. Any foe knocked down on the Bed of Coals is set on fire for 5 seconds.15110
For Monk with 7 in Smiting:
- Retribution- Faster spikesCoreMonk. Smiting Prayers 7RetributionEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, whenever target ally takes attack damage, this Spell deals 33% of the damage back to the source (maximum 12 damage).210-1
- Balthazar's Spirit- If having Energy problemsPropheciesMonk. Smiting Prayers 7Balthazar's SpiritEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally gains adrenaline and Energy after taking damage. (The amount of adrenaline gained increases depending on your rank in Smiting Prayers.)210-1
- Essence Bond- If having Energy problemsPropheciesMonk. UnlinkedEssence BondEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, whenever target ally takes physical or elemental damage, you gain 1 Energy.210-1
For Warrior with 7 in Tactics:
- Whirlwind Attack- Faster spikes (Use Cyclone AxeNightfallWarrior. Sunspear rankWhirlwind AttackMelee AttackAttack target and adjacent foes. Each attack that hits deals +13..20 damage.16, Crude SwingCoreWarrior. Axe Mastery 0Cyclone AxeAxe AttackPerform a spinning axe attack striking for +4 damage to all adjacent opponents.45, or "To the Limit!"PropheciesWarrior. Hammer Mastery 0Crude SwingHammer AttackAttack all adjacent foes. Each foe you hit is struck for +1 damage.55to build adrenaline)PropheciesWarrior. Tactics 7"To the Limit!"ShoutFor each foe within earshot (maximum 3), you gain one strike of adrenaline. For 15 seconds, your maximum Health is increased by 33.155
- Soldier's Speed- 15% IMS (w/ Dwarven Stability: 15-20 seconds)EotNWarrior. Tactics 7Soldier's SpeedStanceFor 10 seconds, you move 15% faster.You move an additional 15% faster while under the effects of a Chant or Shout.125
For Dervish with 7 in Earth Prayers:
- Dust Cloakand Staggering ForceNightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 7Dust CloakFlash Enchantment SpellAll adjacent foes are struck for 24 earth damage. For 30 seconds, your attacks deal earth damage. When this Enchantment ends, all adjacent foes are Blinded for 2 seconds.610- Provide stronger spikesNightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 7Staggering ForceFlash Enchantment SpellAll nearby foes are struck for 24 earth damage. For 30 seconds, your attacks deal earth damage. When this enchantment ends, all nearby foes have Cracked Armor for 5 seconds.610
- A/Rt Owhj8NhsIT3lqiEMWMOOeTRQuMA
- Rt/R OAKjgphsIS3l/aEMIHWMOOeT+GA
- Rt/A OAeiEyiIdXOBRwEBZx444NdABA
- Maxed Armor
- At least 25 Energy for main spike
- Survivor Insignias (if taking too much damage) or Radiant Insignias (for lower energy professions). Can run easily with at least 440 health at 60 AR (or 400 at 70 AR) and 35 energy.
- Staff with high energy (+15, +5 = +20 Energy) and 20% HSR
- Go out into Jaya Bluffs from Seitung Harbor.
- Optionally cast Dwarven Stability and IMS.
- Cast Generous Was Tsungrai at aggro-start.
- At mid-to-low health cast Vengeful Was Khanhei while waiting for Sensali mob(s) to ballup.
- Cast Spirit Rift and Ancestor's Rage along with optional damage skills such as Light of Deldrimor
- Waiting too long with VwK.
- Over aggroing
- Make sure you pick up the feathered crests, as they salvage into feathers.