Build:D/N Vaettir Farmer
This build is provisionally vetted Great pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Blow up the Vaettir with the fastest time possible, even though you have to do two groups.
Attributes and Skills
The energy cost of Dervish enchantments is reduced by 64%.
In PvE, gain +16 armor rating while enchanted.
NightfallDervish. Mysticism 16Intimidating AuraEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds you have +104 max Health and take 11 less damage from foes with less Health than you.4¾20EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank Drunken MasterStanceFor 72..90 seconds, your movement and attack speeds are increased by 10..15%. If you are drunk while activating this Skill, your movement and attack speeds are increased by 25..33% instead.
PvE only.560NightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 8Mystic RegenerationEnchantment SpellFor 13 seconds, you have +3 Health regeneration for each enchantment (maximum of 8) on you.4¼10EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank Great Dwarf ArmorEnchantment SpellFor 22..40 seconds, target ally has +24 armor, +60 maximum Health, and an additional +24 armor against Destroyers.
PvE only.5110NightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 8Vow of StrengthElite Enchantment SpellFor 15 seconds, whenever you attack a foe with your scythe, you deal 18 slashing damage to all adjacent foes.2¼20CoreNecromancer. Curses 10Mark of PainHex SpellFor 30 seconds, whenever target foe takes physical damage, Mark of Pain deals 30 shadow damage to adjacent foes.10120NightfallDervish. Scythe Mastery Eremite's AttackMelee AttackIf it hits, this attack deals +1..8..11 damage and removes a Dervish enchantment. If an enchantment is removed, you do an additional +1..8..11 damage and strike all adjacent foes.56NightfallDervish. Sunspear rank Eternal AuraEnchantment SpellYou have +100 max Health. When this enchantment ends, all party members in the area are resurrected with 40..50% Health and 20..30% Energy.
- Full Windwalker Insignia
- Sentry's/Blessed can be used as a much cheaper alternative, but you will likely need to walk backwards when balling the vaettir to avoid taking too many automatic critical hits.
- Rune of Superior Mysticism
- Vaettir have 720 health and they inflict Deep Wound, so you will need at least 821 health (preferably a bit more if not using Windwalker). Fill the rest of your rune slots with a high enough Vigor and/or enough Vitae runes to get your health to reach this after all buffs are active. Higher norn rank will mean you can equip less/lower potency health runes.
- Running/Balling set: One handed martial weapon with +20% Enchantment and a Shield with +10 AL vs. Earth inscription (not inherent mod)
- Any Scythe
- You can include Fortitude mods on these weapon sets, but make sure to put them on both the scythe and the shield if you do.
None are necessary, but the following may be worth using:
- Morale boosters will give you more health that will be maintained through rezoning, and are also useful if you die.
- Alcohol will boost Drunken Master, making the round-ups faster.
- If you're going to be farming for an extended period of time, bringing Mercantile Summoning Stones could be useful for inventory management (as you don't enter outposts when restarting the run and there are no merchants nearby).
- Display your Norn Title and run to Jaga Moraine from Longeye's Ledge.
- Cast Eternal Aura upon entering the area. Get the bounty if you want some norn points.
- You will need to farm the two groups separately, as you cannot get them to stay away from their spawn without spell prevention. Start with the southern group.
- Before aggroing a group, start maintaining Intimidating Aura, Drunken Master, Great Dwarf Armor and Mystic Regeneration. Recast as needed.
- Cast Mark of Pain on one of the Vaettir and round up the group. Make sure they are bunched together rather than spread around you.
- Once everything is balled and MoP is almost recharged, cast Vow of Strength and then Mystic Regeneration (so that you will not strip VoS with Eremite's Attack).
- Recast Mark of Pain on a different Vaettir once it recharges. You will have about 8 seconds left to spike the group (assuming you did not reduce MoP's recharge in any way).
- If the vaettir bodyblocked you in a way that they surround you, place the 2nd MoP about a quarter of the way around the circle from the 1st MoP. This should allow you to still kill the most/all of the group (possibly missing the two MoP'd vaettir if you didn't have at least 21 gathered).
- Switch to your Scythe, wait for Clumsiness to wear off, and then use Eremite's Attack.
- Pick up your drops and repeat for the other group. If you have a straggler due to the first MoP wearing off before the spike, just ignore it.
- Rezone and repeat the farm.
- Allowing health to fall below 721.
- Bodyblock before a critical mass of vaettir is reached.
- Attacking with Clumsiness still up.
- Stripping VoS with Eremite's Attack instead of Mystic Regeneration.