Build:E/A Dagger Spammer
This build is provisionally vetted good pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This elementalist uses daggers to be supportable with skills such as Strength of Honor and Splinter Weapon. Additional elementalist skills are used to add AoE damage and utility.
Energy support with Blood is Power is required.
Attributes and Skills
|Variant: E/A Star Burst Dagger Spammer|
Provides long-range AoE damage.
|Variant: E/A Double Dragon Dagger Spammer|
Provides short-range AoE pressure.
|Variant: E/A Shockwave Dagger Spammer|
Provides mid-range AoE damage and conditions.
|Variant: E/A Gust Dagger Spammer|
Provides mid-range AoE damage and knockdowns.
|Variant: E/A Mirror of Ice Dagger Spammer|
Provides mid-range AoE snare.
- Variable skill slot
- "I Am Unstoppable!"– increased survivability, anti-snare, knockdown immunity.EotNNo Profession. Norn rank"I Am Unstoppable!"ShoutFor 16..20 seconds, you have +24 armor and cannot be knocked down or Crippled.305
- Asuran Scan– bypass effects causing your skills to be blocked or miss.EotNNo Profession. Asura rankAsuran ScanHex SpellFor 9..12 seconds your attacks cannot miss target foe. Killing a foe hexed with Asuran scan removes 5% death penalty.55
- Brawling Headbutt– knockdown.EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rankBrawling HeadbuttSkillYou headbutt target touched foe dealing 45..70 damage and knocking down that foe if it hits.¾7
- Death's Charge– gap closer.FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 2Death's ChargeSpellShadow Step to target foe. If that foe has more Health than you, you are healed for 83.30¼5
- Ebon Battle Standard of Honor– increase armor dependant damage output of yourself and close allies, including minions.EotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rankEbon Battle Standard of HonorWard SpellYou plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 14..20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +8..15 damage and an additional +7..10 vs. Charr.20110
Runes and insignias
- Superior attribute rune and head piece fitting your elite skill choice.
- Rune of superior vigor.
- 2 runes of vitae.
- 5 blessed insignias.
- Zealous daggers of defense or fortitude, "Strength and Honour".
- Shield set: Spear and shield of fortitude.
- A weapon set appropriate for your elite skill choice.
- Star Burst: 40/40 fire magic.FactionsElementalist. Fire Magic 15Star BurstElite SpellTarget touched foe and all foes in the area are struck for 112 fire damage and set on fire for 4 seconds. For each foe you hit, gain 2 energy.7¾5
- Double Dragon: 40/20/20 fire magic.FactionsElementalist. Fire Magic 15Double DragonElite Enchantment SpellInvoke the power of the Dragon. For 8 seconds, you and target ally are enchanted with Double Dragon. Adjacent foes are dealt 30 fire damage each second. Additionally, when you or your ally use skills that target a foe, that foe is set on fire for 3 seconds.20110
- Shockwave: 40/40 earth magic.FactionsElementalist. Earth Magic 15ShockwaveElite SpellAll foes in the area take 60 earth damage and are weakened for 10 second. Nearby foes also take +60 earth damage and have Cracked Armor for 10 second. Adjacent foes suffer the previous effects, take +60 earth damage, and are Blinded for 10 second.15110
- Gust: 40/20/20 air magic.FactionsElementalist. Air Magic 15GustElite Enchantment SpellFor 11 seconds, both you and target ally move 33% faster. When you cast this spell, all foes near you and your target take 70 cold damage. Foes struck by Gust while attacking or moving are knocked down.10¾10
- Mirror of Ice: 40/40 water magic.FactionsElementalist. Water Magic 14Mirror of IceElite Hex SpellShatter a Mirror of Ice. All foes near you and target ally take 66 cold damage and move 66% slower for 6 seconds. If you strike a foe hexed with Water Magic, Mirror of Ice recharges 50% faster.15¾10
- Star Burst
- Use your daggers for attacking.
- Switch to the caster weapon to use your elementalist spells.
- Switch to the shield set when idle or about to die.
- Maintain Drunken Master.EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rankDrunken MasterStance605
- Use the dagger attack chain Jagged Strike→Fox FangsFactionsAssassin. Dagger Mastery 12Jagged StrikeLead AttackIf Jagged Strike hits, your target suffers from Bleeding for 17 seconds.1½5→Death BlossomFactionsAssassin. Dagger Mastery 12Fox FangsOff-Hand AttackMust follow a lead attack. Fox Fangs cannot be blocked and strikes for +30 damage if it hits.3½5↺ on recharge.FactionsAssassin. Dagger Mastery 12Death BlossomDual Attack25
- Make appropriate use of your elementalist skill set:
- Star BurstFactionsElementalist. Fire Magic 15Star BurstElite Spell7¾5
- Use Intensitybefore combat so it will have recharged before Star BurstNightfallElementalist. Sunspear rankIntensitySkillFor 10 seconds, the next time you deal elemental damage with a spell to a target, you deal 60..70% of that damage to all other foes in the area.105has recharged.FactionsElementalist. Fire Magic 15Star BurstElite Spell7¾5
- Target a foe in the area of as many other foes as possible to hit them with the combined damage of both skills.
- Use Intensity
- Double DragonFactionsElementalist. Fire Magic 15Double DragonElite Enchantment Spell20110
- Use Double Dragonon another melee to double the damage.FactionsElementalist. Fire Magic 15Double DragonElite Enchantment Spell20110
- Use Ebon Battle Standard of Honorto largely increase the damage dealt.EotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rankEbon Battle Standard of HonorWard SpellYou plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 14..20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +8..15 damage and an additional +7..10 vs. Charr.20110
- Use Double Dragon
- ShockwaveFactionsElementalist. Earth Magic 15ShockwaveElite Spell15110
- Position yourself between as many foes as possible before using Shockwave.FactionsElementalist. Earth Magic 15ShockwaveElite Spell15110
- Wait with Aftershockuntil your party members knocked down targets next to you, i.e. with GustCoreElementalist. Earth Magic 15AftershockSpellNearby foes are struck for 100 earth damage. Knocked down foes are struck for 68 additional earth damage.10¾10or Psychic InstabilityFactionsElementalist. Air MagicGustElite Enchantment SpellFor 5..10..11 seconds, both you and target ally move 33% faster. When you cast this spell, all foes near you and your target take 15..59..74 cold damage. Foes struck by Gust while attacking or moving are knocked down.10¾10.FactionsMesmer. Fast CastingPsychic InstabilityElite SpellInterrupts the target foe's action. If that action is a skill, that foe and all nearby foes are knocked down for 2..4..4 seconds. (50% failure chance with Fast Casting 4 or less.)12¼5
- Position yourself between as many foes as possible before using Shockwave
- GustFactionsElementalist. Air Magic 15GustElite Enchantment Spell10¾10
- Use Gustto deal damage to nearby foes and possibly knock them down. You can also use it on another melee to give him the speed boost or help casters to kite from melees.FactionsElementalist. Air Magic 15GustElite Enchantment Spell10¾10
- Inflict cracked armor and blindness with Lightning Touch.CoreElementalist. Air Magic 15Lightning TouchSkillTarget touched foe and all adjacent foes are struck for 60 lightning damage, are Blinded for 4 seconds, and have Cracked Armor for 10 seconds. This skill has 25% armor penetration.10¾5
- Use Gust
- Mirror of IceFactionsElementalist. Water Magic 14Mirror of IceElite Hex SpellShatter a Mirror of Ice. All foes near you and target ally take 66 cold damage and move 66% slower for 6 seconds. If you strike a foe hexed with Water Magic, Mirror of Ice recharges 50% faster.15¾10
- Snare nearby targets with Mirror of Ice. Don't target another ally: Using it on yourself guarantees a quick recharge.FactionsElementalist. Water Magic 14Mirror of IceElite Hex Spell15¾10
- Snare nearby targets with Mirror of Ice
- Star Burst
- Removal of supporting enchantments decreases the effectivity slightly.
- Note that because of your primary profession foes won't use certain anti physical skills against you, such as Throw Dirtor Blurred VisionCoreRanger. ExpertiseThrow DirtSkillTarget touched foe and foes adjacent to your target become Blinded for 3..13..16 seconds.3015.CoreElementalist. Water MagicBlurred VisionHex SpellFor 4..9..10 seconds, target foe and adjacent foes are Hexed with Blurred Vision. While Hexed, those foes have a 50% chance to miss with attacks.12110
- Note that because of your primary profession foes won't use certain anti physical skills against you, such as Throw Dirt
- E/any Star Burst without daggers
- Dagger Spam Player Builds