Build:E/any Earth Magic Hero
This build is in the testing phase.
This build has been designed for the following use:
An Anti-Melee Support Earth Elementalist Hero build for those who cannot use Mercenary Heroes or Razah as an Illusion Mesmer. Powerful in Hard Mode due to enemies moving faster which will trigger the Knockdown on Churning Earth.
Attributes and Skills
Your maximum Energy is raised by 30.
CoreElementalist. Earth Magic 16Earth AttunementEnchantment SpellFor 62 seconds, you are attuned to Earth. You gain 1 Energy plus 30% of the base Energy cost of the Skill each time you use Earth Magic.10130FactionsElementalist. Earth Magic 16Unsteady GroundElite SpellYou create Unsteady Ground at target foe's location. For 5 seconds, nearby foes take 42 earth damage each second. Attacking foes struck by Unsteady Ground are knocked down.10215FactionsElementalist. Earth Magic 16Churning EarthSpellCreate Churning Earth at target foe's location. For the next 5 seconds, Churning Earth strikes foes near that location for 42 earth damage each second. Any foe moving faster than normal when struck by Churning Earth is knocked down.15230NightfallElementalist. Earth Magic 16GlowstoneSpellDeals 53 earth damage. You gain 5 Energy plus 1 Energy for every 2 ranks of Energy Storage if target foe is Weakened.5¾7CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.
Elite skill variants:
- Stone SheathNightfallElementalist. Earth Magic 16Stone SheathElite Enchantment SpellFor 21 seconds, you and target ally have +32 armor and are immune to critical hits. When you cast this spell, all foes near you and your target take 74 earth damage and are Weakened for 21 seconds.10115 – extra Weakness and a nice defensive buff; should only be used with a melee player build.
- Elemental AttunementCoreElementalist. Energy Storage 10Elemental AttunementElite Enchantment SpellFor 48 seconds, you are attuned to Air, Fire, Water, and Earth and gain +2 to these attributes. You gain 50% of the base Energy cost of the skill each time you use magic associated with any of these elements.10120 – extra energy to allow you to run more damage skills in the second set of optionals.
Variable skill slots:
- Obsidian FlameCoreElementalist. Earth Magic 16Obsidian FlameSpellDeal 118 damage to target foe. This Spell ignores armor.551.55 – high DPS, however the hero is likely to become exhausted if not supervised.
- StoningCoreElementalist. Earth Magic 16StoningSpellSend out a large stone, striking target foe for 109 earth damage if it hits. If Stoning hits a foe suffering from Weakness, that foe is knocked down.1515 – a nice spammable knockdown if Weakness is applied via Stone Sheath or Enfeebling Blood.
- Ebon HawkNightfallElementalist. Earth Magic 16Ebon HawkSpellSend a projectile that strikes target foe for 90 earth damage and causes Weakness for 16 seconds if it hits.1015 - only use in Normal Mode (replace Churning Earth), or if you don't bring a source of AoE Weakness on the team.
- EarthquakePropheciesElementalist. Earth Magic 16EarthquakeSpellYou invoke an Earthquake at target foe's location. All foes near this location are knocked down and are struck for 105 earth damage.1025315 – Earthquake is a more realistic overcast skill than Obsidian Flame, despite its higher energy cost.
- EruptionPropheciesElementalist. Earth Magic 16EruptionSpellCause an Eruption at target foe's location. Each second for 5 seconds, foes near this location are struck for 42 earth damage and are Blinded for 10 seconds.25230 – expensive, but Blind can be very useful.
- "Fall Back!"NightfallParagon. Command 9"Fall Back!"ShoutFor 8 seconds, all allies within earshot gain 11 Health per second while moving and move 33% faster. "Fall Back!" ends on an ally affected by this Shout when that ally successfully hits with an attack.1020 – helps with moving around the map if fights are already short.
- "Stand Your Ground!"NightfallParagon. Command 9"Stand Your Ground!"ShoutFor 14 seconds, all party members within earshot receive +24 armor when not moving.1020 – bonus armor is very strong, if you're not using "Save Yourselves!".
- "Never Surrender!"NightfallParagon. Command 9"Never Surrender!"ShoutFor 15 seconds, all party members within earshot and below 75% Health gain +3 Health regeneration.515 – only use if you've already picked both other shouts and still have open slots to fill.
- Ward Against MeleeCoreElementalist. Earth Magic 16Ward Against MeleeWard SpellYou create a Ward Against Melee at your current location. For 21 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area have a 50% chance to block melee attacks.15130 – extremely strong, however Heroes tend to kite out of the area.
- Ward of StabilityFactionsElementalist. Earth Magic 16Ward of StabilityWard SpellCreate a Ward of Stability at your current location. For 26 seconds, non-Spirit allies cannot be knocked down.10130 – extremely strong, however Heroes tend to kite out of the area.
- 5x Blessed Insignias
- 2x Rune of Vitae
- Superior Vigor
- 40/40 Earth Magic
- 20% Enchanting Staff if running Stone Sheath
- KD immunity
Since there are a lot of high-cooldown spells this hero can spend a decent amount of time wanding, especially if their spells get interrupted.