Build:Me/A JQ Wastrel's Capper
This build is part of the current metagame.
This build has also received an overall rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
|This build is significantly affected by the current Flux: Chain Combo. |
See the build's talk page for discussion and ramifications not noted here.
Cap, defend, and kill Carriers with Domination skills, with impressive mobility from Heart of Shadow and Dash.
Attributes and Skills
Mesmer. Domination Magic 16
Cry of Frustration
If target foe is using a skill, that foe and all foes in the area are interrupted and suffer 79 damage.
Mesmer. Fast Casting 8
Psychic Instability (PvP)
Interrupts the target foe's action. If that action is a skill, that foe and all adjacent foes are knocked down for 3 seconds. (50% failure chance with Fast Casting 4 or less.)
Mesmer. Domination Magic 16
For 5 seconds, target foe is hexed with Wastrel's Demise. Each second while hexed, target foe and all foes adjacent to that foe take 11 damage and an additional 11 damage for each second this spell is in effect. This hex ends prematurely if target foe uses a skill.
Mesmer. Domination Magic 16
After 3 seconds, target foe and all adjacent foes take 105 damage. Wastrel's Worry ends prematurely if that foe uses a skill.
No Profession. Unlinked
Mesmer. Inspiration Magic 11
Target foe loses 3 Energy. You are healed 53 for each point of Energy lost.
Assassin. Shadow Arts 4
Heart of Shadow
You are healed for 62, and you Shadow Step to a nearby location directly away from your target.
For 3 seconds, you run 50% faster.
- Chaos Stormto speed up shrine kills and take down Ranger shrines much more easily. Beware of the scattering if you're inexperienced with the build.PropheciesMesmer. Domination Magic 16Chaos StormSpellCreate a Chaos Storm at target foe's location that lasts for 10 seconds. Each second, foes adjacent to this location take 26 damage and lose 2 Energy3025
- Unnatural Signet (PvP)for finishing off Ranger shrines and individual enemies.FactionsMesmer. Domination Magic 16Unnatural Signet (PvP)SignetTarget foe takes 63 damage. If that foe is under the effects of a hex or enchantment, foes adjacent to your target take 63 damage. All your non-Mesmer skills except signets are disabled for 10 seconds.201
- Diversionto aggravate other nukers and Monks.CoreMesmer. Domination Magic 16DiversionHex SpellFor 6 seconds, the next time target foe uses a skill, that skill takes an additional 59 seconds to recharge.12310
- Empathy (PvP)for defense against melee and finishing off Ranger shrines.CoreMesmer. Domination Magic 16Empathy (PvP)Hex SpellFor 16 seconds, whenever target foe attacks, that foe takes 47 damage.10210
- Backfireto harass Monks and other nukers.CoreMesmer. Domination Magic 16BackfireHex SpellFor 10 seconds, whenever target foe casts a Spell, that foe takes 147 damage.20315
- Overloadfor cheap spammable damage, helpful with Ranger shrines.FactionsMesmer. Domination Magic 16OverloadHex SpellFor 5 seconds, target foe suffers -3 Health degeneration. If target foe is using a skill, then Overload deals 79 damage to that foe and all adjacent foes.5¼5
- Leech Signetfor more interrupts and energy management.CoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic 16Leech SignetSignetInterrupt target foe's action. If that action was a Spell, you gain 16 Energy.30¼
- Mantra of Flameor Elemental ResistanceCoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic 11Mantra of FlameStanceFor 74 seconds, whenever you take fire damage, the damage is reduced by 44% and you gain 2 Energy.2010to counter Elementalist bots.PropheciesMesmer. Inspiration Magic 11Elemental ResistanceStanceFor 74 seconds, You gain +40 armor against elemental damage, but you lose 15 armor against physical damage.2010
- Survivor insignias
- Vitae Runes
- 40/40 Domination set
- Defensive Spear/Shield set
- Shield of Fortitude (+10ar vs. Piercing)
- Shield of Fortitude (+10ar vs. Lightning)
- Shield of Fortitude (+10ar vs. Fire/Slashing)
- High energy set
- Kill carriers with two cycles of WW and WD. The second WD must be cast immediately after the first ends.
- Use Psychic Instability and Cry of Frustration to interrupt other nukers.
- Follow with WW and WD after you hit with Psychic Instability to deal reliable damage to other players.
- Ether Feast to redbar yourself.
- Use Heart of Shadow to jump up and down cliffs, particularly for the Ranger shrines mentioned below. Use it to kite melee and a decent heal.
- Target the center Mesmer.
- Nuke shrines by chaining Wastrel's Demise, Psychic Instability, Wastrel's Worry, then Cry of Frustration as soon as Mesmer begins to cast next spell.
- Use Ether Feast during downtime to heal.
- The Ranger shrines near the Purple and Green quarries can be captured easily thanks to the height advantage.
- Stand just outside of the Rangers' aggro range on top of the cliff.
- Wand them or cast WW on them to trigger Bestial Fury. You can also trigger Bestial Fury when you use Heart of Shadow to jump up the cliff, just move into position quickly.
- Spam WW and WD on them to nuke the shrine; there's a sweet spot you can stand where Rangers will not shoot you nor move.
- The other shrines require a little more finesse since you don't have a cliff to cast from.
- Wand them to trigger Bestial Fury.
- Cast WD, interrupt first attack skill with PI, cast WW, wait for them to stand up and then interrupt the second attack skill with CoF.
- If you didn't interrupt them correctly, Dash away to break aggro and retry.
- See video for demonstration.
- Go Me/P for "Fall Back!" (PvP) and "Make Haste!" to run carriers.
- Replace Heart of Shadow with Viper's Defense to jump cliffs more often.
- Replace Heart of Shadow with Death's Retreat or Return for a different shadow step.
- Other players scattering quarry NPCs.
- Very well timed interruptions.
- Monk healing NPCs.
- Hex removal.
- Lag (can cause PI to be late).
- Allies enchanting you will cause the quarry Mesmers to cast a third spell, breaking Wastrels. This should only be a problem if someone is guarding the shrine, as it should be capped before the NPCs have the opportunity to cast a third spell.
- This spike does a total of 165 (WD) + 105 (WW) + 79 (CoF) = 349 damage, just enough to take out the NPCs who have 330. At 15 Domination Magic, the spike only deals 325, just barely not enough to kill. Watch out for Weakness.
- Keep in mind multiple casts of WW or WD will have no effect at all, so wait until the first cast deals damage or is removed before recasting it. WD has a glitch at the moment, see Wastrel's Demise skill notes for more information.
- Carriers have 480 HP and an innate +3 health regeneration. Two casts of WW/WD takes 10 seconds and deals 540 damage, which should just kill them.