Build:Me/A Vaettir Farm
The PvXwiki community finds this to be an excellent build.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Designed to farm Vaettir in Hard Mode for Glacial Stones, mesmer tomes, golds, and event items during holiday events.
Attributes and Skills
Assassin. Deadly Arts
All of your attack Skills are disabled for 10 seconds. For 5..13..16 seconds, your Assassin Skills activate and recharge 33% faster.
Assassin. Shadow Arts 12
Elite Enchantment Spell
For 18 seconds, you cannot be the target of enemy Spells, and you gain 5 damage reduction for each Assassin enchantment on you. You cannot deal more than 21 damage with a single skill or attack.
Assassin. Shadow Arts 12
Shroud of Distress
For 54 seconds, if you are below 50% Health, you have 7 health regeneration and a 75% chance to block attacks.
No Profession. Unlinked
If you cast a Spell in the next 20 seconds, Arcane Echo is replaced with that Spell for 20 seconds. Arcane Echo ends prematurely if you use a non-Spell skill.
Mesmer. Domination Magic 11
For 5 seconds, target foe is hexed with Wastrel's Demise. Each second while hexed, target foe and all foes adjacent to that foe take 8 damage and an additional 8 damage for each second this spell is in effect. This hex ends prematurely if target foe uses a skill.
Mesmer. Sunspear rank
Cry of Pain
Interrupt target foe's skill. If that foe was suffering from a Mesmer Hex, that foe and all foes in the area take 25..50 damage and -3..5 Health degeneration for 10 seconds.
Mesmer. Inspiration Magic 5
For 24 seconds, whenever you cast a Spell, you gain 1 Energy for each foe in the area.
- Optional:CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.
- Great Dwarf ArmorEotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rankGreat Dwarf ArmorEnchantment SpellFor 22..40 seconds, target ally has +24 armor, +60 maximum Health, and an additional +24 armor against Destroyers.1015
- "You Are All Weaklings!"EotNNo Profession. Norn rank"You Are All Weaklings!"ShoutTarget foe and foes adjacent to target are Weakened for 8..12 seconds.125
- Way of the MasterEotNAssassin. Critical Strikes 0Way of the MasterEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, while holding a non-dagger weapon, you have an additional 3% chance to land a critical hit.30¼5
- Way of PerfectionFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 12Way of PerfectionEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, whenever you successfully land a critical hit, you gain 34 Health.30¼5
- Dark Escape- Useful for running through Bjora Marches. Can also be used to survive with alternative weapon sets (with HSR mod for example)FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 16Dark EscapeStanceFor 16 seconds, you move 25% faster and take half damage. Dark Escape ends if you successfully hit with an attack.305
- "Finish Him!"+ EpidemicEotNNo Profession. Norn rank"Finish Him!"ShoutIf target foe has less than 50% Health, that foe takes 44..80 damage and suffers from Cracked Armor and a Deep Wound for 12..20 seconds.1510for faster kills.CoreMesmer. UnlinkedEpidemicSpellSpread all negative Conditions and their remaining durations from target foe to all foes adjacent to your target.5¼5
- Great Dwarf Armor
- Blessed Insignas
- Attunement Runes
- Sword, Spear, or Axe with +5e/+20% enchantments (for example: Totem Axe)
- Shield +10ar vs. Earth Damage (Inscription: "Like a Rolling Stone")
- Equip your Norn title and make sure you are in Hard Mode.
- Start from Longeye's Ledge to Jaga Moraine. Don't aggro anything along the way.
- Take the bounty (if desired). If this is the first time you've encountered this shrine keeper, bring heroes along to quickly defeat him and flag them away from the farm afterwards. You will not need to bring them in future runs.
- Maintain Channeling, SF and SoD (cast both under Deadly Paradox), and your optional skill. (Note: When it says maintain SF you want to recast it before it expires. If you wait too long there is a chance that SF will be off for a split second before you get it back on and this will cause you to lose the dmg reduction you've worked up.)
- Recast Shroud of Distress on recharge to get the damage reduction stack.
- Group the vaettir up into a tight ball. You can do this in two separate pulls, or in one (see the videos).
- Kill them using Arcane Echo and Wastrel's Demise (tabbing to a new vaettir after hexing one). Rinse and repeat.
- Failure to maintain SF.
- Taking too much damage. (Should only happen if you're not using the right equipment.)