Build:N/any Order of Undeath
The PvXwiki community finds this to be a great build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Attributes and Skills
Gain 13 Energy whenever a non-Spirit creature near you dies, up to 3 times every 15 seconds.
EotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank Ebon Battle Standard of HonorWard SpellYou plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 14..20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +8..15 damage and an additional +7..10 vs. Charr.
PvE only.10120NightfallNecromancer. Death Magic 18Order of UndeathElite SpellFor 5 seconds, your minions deal +19 damage, but you lose 2% of your maximum Health whenever one of your minions hits with an attack.10%1015CoreNecromancer. Death Magic 18Animate Bone FiendSpellExploit nearest corpse to animate a level 20 Bone Fiend. Bone Fiends can attack at range.2535EotNNecromancer. Soul Reaping 15MasochismEnchantment SpellFor 40 seconds, you have +2 to your Death Magic and Soul Reaping attributes and sacrifice 3% of your maximum Health when you cast a spell.5120CoreNecromancer. Death Magic 18Blood of the MasterSpellAll of your undead allies are healed for 133 Health. You sacrifice an additional 2% maximum Health per minion healed in this way.5%512CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.
Variable skill slots:
- Putrid BileEotNNecromancer. Death Magic 18Putrid BileHex SpellFor 23 seconds, target foe suffers -3 Health degeneration. If that foe dies while under the effects of this Hex, all nearby foes take 97 damage.10112 – additional damage.
- NecrosisNightfallNecromancer. Sunspear rank NecrosisSkillIf target foe is suffering from a condition or hex, that foe suffers 60..90 damage.
PvE only.512 – deal damage until you could rise enough bone fiends.
- Energy Management
- Glyph of Lesser EnergyCoreElementalist. Energy Storage Glyph of Lesser EnergyGlyphFor the next 15 seconds, your next 2 Spells cost 10..16..19 less Energy to cast.5130 – energy management.
- Signet of Lost SoulsNightfallNecromancer. Soul Reaping 15Signet of Lost SoulsSignetIf target foe is below 50% Health, you gain 100 Health and 10 Energy.¼8 – energy management.
- Angorodon's GazeEotNNecromancer. Soul Reaping 15Angorodon's GazeSpellSteal 50 Health from target foe. If you are suffering from a condition, you gain 12 Energy.5110 – energy management. To be used with Foul Feast.
- Foul FeastEotNNecromancer. Soul Reaping 15Foul FeastSpellAll conditions are transferred from target other ally to yourself. For each condition acquired in this way, you gain 45 Health and 2 Energy. This skill recharges twice as fast if you remove Disease from your target.5¼4 – keep physicals in your team functioning. To be used with Angorodon's Gaze.
- Animate Vampiric HorrorFactionsNecromancer. Death Magic 18Animate Vampiric HorrorSpellExploit nearest corpse to animate a level 20 Vampiric Horror. Whenever a Vampiric Horror you control deals damage, you gain the same amount of Health.15315 – few melee minions which help to counter your health loss.
- "Fall Back!"NightfallParagon. Command 8"Fall Back!"ShoutFor 7 seconds, all allies within earshot gain 10 Health per second while moving and move 33% faster. "Fall Back!" ends on an ally affected by this Shout when that ally successfully hits with an attack.1020 – heal your minions and move faster to the next encounter. Set command to 8.
- "Stand Your Ground!"NightfallParagon. Command 8"Stand Your Ground!"ShoutFor 13 seconds, all party members within earshot receive +24 armor when not moving.1020 – increase your team's survivability. Only use alongside "Fall Back!".
- 40/20/20 soul reaping.
- 40/20/1 death magic (adept "Aptitude not Attitude" death magic staff of mastery) or 40/40 death magic.
- High energy set death magic.
- Shield set: "Let the Memory Live Again" spear of defense with a shield of fortitude.
- 1 bloodstained insignia on boots, gloves, or headpiece.
- 4 minion master's insignias on the remaining armor pieces.
- Rune of superior vigor.
- 2 runes of vitae.
- Use your 40/20/20 soul reaping to cast MasochismEotNNecromancer. Soul Reaping 15MasochismEnchantment SpellFor 40 seconds, you have +2 to your Death Magic and Soul Reaping attributes and sacrifice 3% of your maximum Health when you cast a spell.5120 and other soul reaping spells.
- Cast death magic spells using your 40/20/1 staff or 40/40 set death magic.
- Switch to your high energy set when you're in need of the energy.
- Switch to your shield set when idle or under attack.
- Maintain Masochism to boost your attributes.
- Raise bone fiends. If playing with vampiric horrors, try to keep 3–4 of them at a time.
- Cast Ebon Battle Standard of HonorEotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank Ebon Battle Standard of HonorWard SpellYou plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 14..20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +8..15 damage and an additional +7..10 vs. Charr.
PvE only.10120 standing next to your bone fiends to boost their damage.
- Cast Order of UndeathNightfallNecromancer. Death Magic 18Order of UndeathElite SpellFor 5 seconds, your minions deal +19 damage, but you lose 2% of your maximum Health whenever one of your minions hits with an attack.10%1015 to boost your minion damage.
- Use Blood of the MasterCoreNecromancer. Death Magic 18Blood of the MasterSpellAll of your undead allies are healed for 133 Health. You sacrifice an additional 2% maximum Health per minion healed in this way.5%512 to keep your minions alive.
- Make use of your energy management:
- Activate Signet of Lost SoulsNightfallNecromancer. Soul Reaping 15Signet of Lost SoulsSignetIf target foe is below 50% Health, you gain 100 Health and 10 Energy.¼8 targeting foes below 50% health to gain energy.
- Use Angorodon's GazeEotNNecromancer. Soul Reaping 15Angorodon's GazeSpellSteal 50 Health from target foe. If you are suffering from a condition, you gain 12 Energy.5110 while suffering from a condition. Drain weakness, crippled, blind and deep wound condition from martial attackers in your team.
- Cast expensive spells under the effect of Glyph of Lesser EnergyCoreElementalist. Energy Storage 0Glyph of Lesser EnergyGlyphFor the next 15 seconds, your next 2 Spells cost 10 less Energy to cast.5130.
Purpose, team integration
Bone fiends attack ranged with a 66.6% attack speed boost compared to other minions, resulting in great pressure and occasional spikes. Their damage can be further increased by team support, most notably:
- Cracked armor for up to +41% damage.
- Mark of PainCoreNecromancer. Curses Mark of PainHex SpellFor 30 seconds, whenever target foe takes physical damage, Mark of Pain deals 10..34..42 shadow damage to adjacent foes.10120 and BarbsCoreNecromancer. Curses BarbsHex SpellFor 30 seconds, target foe takes 1..12..16 more damage when hit by physical damage.1025 triggered by the minion attacks. Mark of pain may cause scattering.
- "Go for the Eyes!"NightfallParagon. Command "Go for the Eyes!"ShoutFor 10 seconds, the next time each ally within earshot makes an attack, that attack has an additional 30..86..105% chance to critical.4 to boost the next attack's damage by 41%. Note that critical hits don't automatically pick the highest damage of the bone fiend's base damage range of 17-35, unlike the critical hits of weapons.
To ensure the survival of the bone fiends, further measures can be taken, most notably:
- Blood BondFactionsNecromancer. Blood Magic Blood BondHex SpellFor 3..10..13 seconds, target foe and all adjacent foes are hexed with Blood Bond. Whenever an ally hits one of them with an attack, that ally gains 5..17..21 Health. If one of these foes dies while hexed, all allies adjacent to that foe are healed for 20..84..105 Health.518, LifeFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic LifeBinding RitualCreate a level 1..11..15 Spirit. When this Spirit dies, all non-Spirit allies within its range are healed for 1..6..7 Health for each second this Spirit was alive. This Spirit dies after 20 seconds.10¾20 and RecuperationFactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic RecuperationBinding RitualCreate a level 1..11..15 Spirit. Non-Spirit allies within its range gain +1..3..3 Health regeneration. This Spirit dies after 15..39..47 seconds.25¾45 for additional healing. If the team is based on multiple bone fiend minion masters, consider bringing a curses support with Avatar of DwaynaNightfallDervish. Mysticism Avatar of DwaynaElite FormFor 10..74..95 seconds, your attacks deal holy damage. Whenever you use a Dervish attack skill, you lose 1 hex. Whenever you lose a Dervish enchantment, all allies in earshot are healed for 5..41..53 Health. This skill is disabled for 45 seconds.5220.
- ShelterFactionsRitualist. Communing ShelterBinding RitualCreate a level 1..10..13 Spirit. Non-Spirit allies within its range cannot lose more than 10% maximum Health from a single attack. When this Spirit prevents damage, it loses 75..51..43 Health. This Spirit lasts 30..54..62 seconds.25145, UnionFactionsRitualist. Communing UnionBinding RitualCreate a level 1..10..13 Spirit. Whenever a non-Spirit ally in its range takes damage or life steal, it is reduced by 15 and the Spirit takes 15 damage. This Spirit dies after 30..54..62 seconds.15¾45 and DisplacementFactionsRitualist. Communing DisplacementBinding RitualCreate a level 1..11..15 Spirit. All non-Spirit allies within its range have a 75% chance to block incoming attacks. Every time an attack is blocked in this way, this Spirit takes 60 damage. This Spirit dies after 30..54..62 seconds.15¾45 for additional defense. Unlike bone minions which are meant to die and trigger death nova, these minions are meant to survive and deal damage with attacking. Therefore the combination of minions with an ST prot is actually beneficial in this case. With their 480 health points and 60 armor at 18 death magic the bone fiends aren't triggering shelter as excessively often as bone minions either (bone horrors: 80 armor; shambling horrors: 80 armor; jagged horror: 72 armor).
This build benefits from external energy support such as Blood is PowerCoreNecromancer. Blood Magic Blood is PowerElite Enchantment SpellFor 10 seconds, target other ally gains +3..5..6 Energy regeneration.33%1¼.
- Lack of exploitable corpses.
- Too many minions in the team increasing the health sacrifice of blood of the master to critical levels.
- Holy damage killing the bone fiends, especially Ray of JudgmentFactionsMonk. Smiting Prayers Ray of JudgmentElite SpellFor 5 seconds, target foe and all foes adjacent to this location take 5..37..48 holy damage each second and begin Burning for 1..3..3 seconds.10220.
- Consume SoulFactionsRitualist. Spawning Power Consume SoulElite SpellYou steal 5..49..64 Health from target foe. All hostile summoned creatures in the area of that foe take 25..105..132 damage.515, Spiritual PainNightfallMesmer. Domination Magic Spiritual PainSpellTarget foe takes 15..63..79 damage. All hostile summoned creatures in the area of that foe take 25..105..132 damage.517, Holy SpearEotNParagon. Spear Mastery Holy SpearSpear AttackIf this attack hits, you deal +5..17..21 damage. If it hits a summoned creature, all nearby foes take 15..75..95 holy damage, and are set on fire for 3 seconds.4 and Banishing StrikeNightfallDervish. Mysticism Banishing StrikeMelee AttackIf it hits, this attack deals 10..50..63 holy damage. It deals double damage to summoned creatures.513.