Build:N/any Order of Undeath
The PvXwiki community finds this to be a great build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Attributes and Skills
No Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank
Ebon Battle Standard of Honor
You plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 14..20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +8..15 damage and an additional +7..10 vs. Charr.
Necromancer. Death Magic 18
Order of Undeath
For 5 seconds, your minions deal +19 damage, but you lose 2% of your maximum Health whenever one of your minions hits with an attack.
Necromancer. Death Magic 18
Animate Bone Fiend
Exploit nearest corpse to animate a level 20 Bone Fiend. Bone Fiends can attack at range.
Necromancer. Soul Reaping 15
For 40 seconds, you have +2 to your Death Magic and Soul Reaping attributes and sacrifice 3% of your maximum Health when you cast a spell.
Necromancer. Death Magic 18
Blood of the Master
All of your undead allies are healed for 133 Health. You sacrifice an additional 2% maximum Health per minion healed in this way.
No Profession. Unlinked
No Profession. Unlinked
No Profession. Unlinked
- Putrid Bile– additional damage.EotNNecromancer. Death Magic 18Putrid BileHex SpellFor 23 seconds, target foe suffers -3 Health degeneration. If that foe dies while under the effects of this Hex, all nearby foes take 97 damage.12110
- Necrosis– deal damage until you could rise enough bone fiends.NightfallNecromancer. Sunspear rankNecrosisSkillIf target foe is suffering from a condition or hex, that foe suffers 60..90 damage.215
- Putrid Bile
- Energy Management
- Glyph of Lesser Energy– energy management.CoreElementalist. Energy StorageGlyph of Lesser EnergyGlyphFor the next 15 seconds, your next 2 Spells cost 10..16..19 less Energy to cast.3015
- Signet of Lost Souls– energy management.NightfallNecromancer. Soul Reaping 15Signet of Lost SoulsSignetIf target foe is below 50% Health, you gain 100 Health and 10 Energy.8¼
- Angorodon's Gaze– energy management. To be used with Foul Feast.EotNNecromancer. Soul Reaping 15Angorodon's GazeSpellSteal 50 Health from target foe. If you are suffering from a condition, you gain 12 Energy.1015
- Foul Feast– keep physicals in your team functioning. To be used with Angorodon's Gaze.EotNNecromancer. Soul Reaping 15Foul FeastSpellAll conditions are transferred from target other ally to yourself. For each condition acquired in this way, you gain 45 Health and 2 Energy. This skill recharges twice as fast if you remove Disease from your target.4¼5
- Glyph of Lesser Energy
- Animate Vampiric Horror– few melee minions which help to counter your health loss.FactionsNecromancer. Death Magic 18Animate Vampiric HorrorSpellExploit nearest corpse to animate a level 20 Vampiric Horror. Whenever a Vampiric Horror you control deals damage, you gain the same amount of Health.15315
- "Fall Back!"– heal your minions and move faster to the next encounter. Set command to 8.NightfallParagon. Command 8"Fall Back!"ShoutFor 7 seconds, all allies within earshot gain 10 Health per second while moving and move 33% faster. "Fall Back!" ends on an ally affected by this Shout when that ally successfully hits with an attack.2010
- "Stand Your Ground!"– increase your team's survivability. Only use alongside "Fall Back!".NightfallParagon. Command 8"Stand Your Ground!"ShoutFor 13 seconds, all party members within earshot receive +24 armor when not moving.2010
- Animate Vampiric Horror
- Replace Order of Undeathwith Aura of the LichNightfallNecromancer. Death Magic 18Order of UndeathElite SpellFor 5 seconds, your minions deal +19 damage, but you lose 2% of your maximum Health whenever one of your minions hits with an attack.5110for a general damage boost for your bone fiends. Don't combine with additional minion spells.PropheciesNecromancer. Death Magic 18Aura of the LichElite Enchantment SpellAll corpses within earshot are exploited and you animate a level 20 bone horror plus one for each corpse exploited in this way. For 53 seconds, your Death Magic attribute is increased by +1.45215
- 40/20/20 soul reaping.
- 40/20/1 death magic (adept "Aptitude not Attitude" death magic staff of mastery) or 40/40 death magic.
- High energy set death magic.
- Shield set: "Let the Memory Live Again" spear of defense with a shield of fortitude.
- 1 bloodstained insignia on boots, gloves, or headpiece.
- 4 minion master's insignias on the remaining armor pieces.
- Rune of superior vigor.
- 2 runes of vitae.
- Use your 40/20/20 soul reaping to cast Masochismand other soul reaping spells.EotNNecromancer. Soul Reaping 15MasochismEnchantment SpellFor 40 seconds, you have +2 to your Death Magic and Soul Reaping attributes and sacrifice 3% of your maximum Health when you cast a spell.2015
- Cast death magic spells using your 40/20/1 staff or 40/40 set death magic.
- Switch to your high energy set when you're in need of the energy.
- Switch to your shield set when idle or under attack.
- Maintain Masochism to boost your attributes.
- Raise bone fiends. If playing with vampiric horrors, try to keep 3–4 of them at a time.
- Cast Ebon Battle Standard of Honorstanding next to your bone fiends to boost their damage.EotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rankEbon Battle Standard of HonorWard SpellYou plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 14..20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +8..15 damage and an additional +7..10 vs. Charr.20110
- Cast Order of Undeathto boost your minion damage.NightfallNecromancer. Death Magic 18Order of UndeathElite SpellFor 5 seconds, your minions deal +19 damage, but you lose 2% of your maximum Health whenever one of your minions hits with an attack.5110
- Use Blood of the Masterto keep your minions alive.CoreNecromancer. Death Magic 18Blood of the MasterSpellAll of your undead allies are healed for 133 Health. You sacrifice an additional 2% maximum Health per minion healed in this way.215
- Make use of your energy management:
- Activate Signet of Lost Soulstargeting foes below 50% health to gain energy.NightfallNecromancer. Soul Reaping 15Signet of Lost SoulsSignetIf target foe is below 50% Health, you gain 100 Health and 10 Energy.8¼
- Use Angorodon's Gazewhile suffering from a condition. Drain weakness, crippled, blind and deep wound condition from martial attackers in your team.EotNNecromancer. Soul Reaping 15Angorodon's GazeSpellSteal 50 Health from target foe. If you are suffering from a condition, you gain 12 Energy.1015
- Cast expensive spells under the effect of Glyph of Lesser Energy.CoreElementalist. Energy Storage 0Glyph of Lesser EnergyGlyphFor the next 15 seconds, your next 2 Spells cost 10 less Energy to cast.3015
- Activate Signet of Lost Souls
Purpose, team integration
Bone fiends attack ranged with a 66,6% attack speed boost compared to other minions, resulting in great pressure and occasional spikes. Their damage can be further increased by team support, most notably:
- Cracked armor for up to +41% damage.
- Mark of Painand BarbsCoreNecromancer. CursesMark of PainHex SpellFor 30 seconds, whenever target foe takes physical damage, Mark of Pain deals 10..34..42 shadow damage to adjacent foes.20110triggered by the minion attacks. Mark of pain may cause scattering.CoreNecromancer. CursesBarbsHex SpellFor 30 seconds, target foe takes 1..12..16 more damage when hit by physical damage.5210
- "Go for the Eyes!"to boost the next attack's damage by 41%. Note that critical hits don't automatically pick the highest damage of the bone fiend's base damage range of 17-35, other than critical hits of weapons.NightfallParagon. Command"Go for the Eyes!"ShoutFor 10 seconds, the next time each ally within earshot makes an attack, that attack has an additional 30..86..105% chance to critical.4
To ensure the survival of the bone fiends, further measures can be taken, most notably:
- Blood Bond, LifeFactionsNecromancer. Blood MagicBlood BondHex SpellFor 3..10..13 seconds, target foe and all adjacent foes are hexed with Blood Bond. Whenever an ally hits one of them with an attack, that ally gains 5..17..21 Health. If one of these foes dies while hexed, all allies adjacent to that foe are healed for 20..84..105 Health.815and RecuperationFactionsRitualist. Restoration MagicLifeBinding RitualCreate a level 1..11..15 Spirit. When this Spirit dies, all non-Spirit allies within its range are healed for 1..6..7 Health for each second this Spirit was alive. This Spirit dies after 20 seconds.20¾10for additional healing. If the team is based on multiple bone fiend minion masters, consider bringing a curses support with Avatar of DwaynaFactionsRitualist. Restoration MagicRecuperationBinding RitualCreate a level 1..11..15 Spirit. Non-Spirit allies within its range gain +1..3..3 Health regeneration. This Spirit dies after 15..39..47 seconds.45¾25.NightfallDervish. MysticismAvatar of DwaynaElite FormFor 10..74..95 seconds, your attacks deal holy damage. Whenever you use a Dervish attack skill, you lose 1 hex. Whenever you lose a Dervish enchantment, all allies in earshot are healed for 5..41..53 Health. This skill is disabled for 45 seconds.2025
- Shelter, UnionFactionsRitualist. CommuningShelterBinding RitualCreate a level 1..10..13 Spirit. Non-Spirit allies within its range cannot lose more than 10% maximum Health from a single attack. When this Spirit prevents damage, it loses 75..51..43 Health. This Spirit lasts 30..54..62 seconds.45125and DisplacementFactionsRitualist. CommuningUnionBinding RitualCreate a level 1..10..13 Spirit. Whenever a non-Spirit ally in its range takes damage or life steal, it is reduced by 15 and the Spirit takes 15 damage. This Spirit dies after 30..54..62 seconds.45¾15for additional defense.FactionsRitualist. CommuningDisplacementBinding RitualCreate a level 1..11..15 Spirit. All non-Spirit allies within its range have a 75% chance to block incoming attacks. Every time an attack is blocked in this way, this Spirit takes 60 damage. This Spirit dies after 30..54..62 seconds.45¾15
This build benefits from external energy support such as Blood is Power
- Lack of exploitable corpses.
- Too many minions in the team increasing the health sacrifice of blood of the master to critical levels.
- Holy damage killing the bone fiends, especially Ray of Judgment.FactionsMonk. Smiting PrayersRay of JudgmentElite SpellFor 5 seconds, target foe and all foes adjacent to this location take 5..37..48 holy damage each second and begin Burning for 1..3..3 seconds.20210
- Consume Soul, Spiritual PainFactionsRitualist. Spawning PowerConsume SoulElite SpellYou steal 5..49..64 Health from target foe. All hostile summoned creatures in the area of that foe take 25..105..132 damage.515, Holy SpearNightfallMesmer. Domination MagicSpiritual PainSpellTarget foe takes 15..63..79 damage. All hostile summoned creatures in the area of that foe take 25..105..132 damage.715and Banishing StrikeEotNParagon. Spear MasteryHoly SpearSpear AttackIf this attack hits, you deal +5..17..21 damage. If it hits a summoned creature, all nearby foes take 15..75..95 holy damage, and are set on fire for 3 seconds.4.NightfallDervish. MysticismBanishing StrikeMelee AttackIf it hits, this attack deals 10..50..63 holy damage. It deals double damage to summoned creatures.315