This build is part of the current metagame.
This build has also received an overall rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
The Imbagon gives constant damage reduction to your party using powerful PvE-only skills and deals few damage with its spear.
Attributes and Skills
No Profession. Unlinked
No Profession. Unlinked
Warrior. Kurzick rank
"Save Yourselves!" (Kurzick)
For 4..6 seconds, all other party members gain 100 armor.
Paragon. Sunspear rank
"There's Nothing to Fear!"
For 4 seconds and 1 second for every 2 ranks in Leadership, all party members within earshot take 20..35% less damage. Affected party members are healed for 35..60 Health when this Shout ends.
No Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank
Ebon Battle Standard of Honor
You plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 14..20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +8..15 damage and an additional +7..10 vs. Charr.
"For Great Justice!"
For 20 seconds, whenever you gain adrenaline, you gain 100% more.
Paragon. Leadership 14
For 45 seconds, you gain 140% more adrenaline.
No Profession. Unlinked
The Luxon template code: OQGjgylopSAAAAieAh5iXFpbAA
Optionals 1 and 2:
- Vicious Attackfor Deep Wound. Use with "Go for the Eyes!"NightfallParagon. Spear Mastery 9Vicious AttackSpear AttackIf this attack hits, you deal +14 damage. If you land a critical hit with this attack, target foe suffers from a Deep Wound for 11 seconds.85
- "Go for the Eyes!"for energy intensive builds and use with Vicious Attack. Also synergizes well with minions.NightfallParagon. Command 11"Go for the Eyes!"ShoutFor 10 seconds, the next time each ally within earshot makes an attack, that attack has an additional 81% chance to critical.4
- "Find Their Weakness!"for both easy maintenance of Aggressive Refrain and a source of Deep Wound.NightfallParagon. Command 11"Find Their Weakness!"ShoutFor 16 seconds, the next time target ally attacks, that ally deals +38 damage and inflicts a Deep Wound for 16 seconds.1510
- Signet of Aggressionto prep "SY" before battles, and for adrenaline in heavy anti-melee areasNightfallParagon. UnlinkedSignet of AggressionSignetIf you are under the effects of a Shout or Chant, you gain 2 strikes of adrenaline.51
- "To the Limit!"to fuel adrenaline, useful against melee hate to keep "Save Yourselves!" up. Invest 8-10 points in Tactics rather than Command.PropheciesWarrior. Tactics 8"To the Limit!"ShoutFor each foe within earshot (maximum 4), you gain one strike of adrenaline. For 15 seconds, your maximum Health is increased by 37.155
- "Fall Back!"for speeding up time between battles and kiting/breaking aggro.NightfallParagon. Command 11"Fall Back!"ShoutFor 8 seconds, all allies within earshot gain 12 Health per second while moving and move 33% faster. "Fall Back!" ends on an ally affected by this Shout when that ally successfully hits with an attack.2010
- Anthem of Flamefor burning or Anthem of WearinessNightfallParagon. Leadership 14Anthem of FlameChantFor 10 seconds, the next attack Skill used by each party member within earshot also causes Burning for 3 seconds.1015for weakness. The latter is useful with spirits in your team.EotNParagon. Command 9Anthem of WearinessChantFor 8 seconds, the next attack Skill used by each ally within earshot also causes Weakness for 10 seconds.1015
- "They're on Fire!"to provide some extra defense when other party members cause a lot of burning.NightfallParagon. Leadership 14"They're on Fire!"ShoutFor 10 seconds, party members within earshot take 33% less damage from foes suffering from Burning.1010
- "We Shall Return!"for party-wide res.NightfallParagon. Command 11"We Shall Return!"ShoutAll party members in earshot are resurrected with 43% Health and 16% Energy.3025
Optional 3 should be your IAS:
- Flurryfor a technically superior 33% IAS, spam it as much as SY.PropheciesWarrior. UnlinkedFlurryStanceFor 5 seconds, your attack rate is increased by 33%, but you deal 25% less damage.55
- Aggressive Refrainfor a low effort, low energy required 25% IAS, at the cost of -20 armor.NightfallParagon. Leadership 14Aggressive RefrainEchoFor 24 seconds, you attack 25% faster but have -20 armor. This echo is reapplied every time a chant or shout ends on you.20225
- Centurion or Survivor Insignias.
- Furious Spear of Fortitude/Defense
- Command Shield of Fortitude. Eye of Argon is a good all-purpose choice
- Tactics Shield of Fortitude if using "To the Limit!". Preferably req. 7-8 tactics.
- High energy set if DP drops your energy below 25.
- Alternate using Focused Anger and "For Great Justice!".
- Mash "Save Yourselves!" and maintain "There's Nothing to Fear!" to provide immense party support.
- Use your attack skills for finishing off individual foes.
- Use Ebon Battle Standard of Honor to increase the damage output of your party.
- Melee hate
- Anti-shout skills such as Vocal Minority or heavy use of Well of Silence.
- Anti-adrenaline hexes such as Soothing Images.
- Spirits like Soothing and to a lesser degree, Roaring Winds.
- Hexbreaker Aria to combat hexes in caster parties.
- Swap Ebon Battle Standard of Honor for:
- Spear of Fury for adrenaline instead of damage buffing.
- Asuran Scan to counter antimelee hate that prevents you building adrenaline, and to combine with Hexbreaker Aria, although having another party member keep you hex-free is preferable
- Tryptophan Signet to reduce melee damage and as a snare to let your caster's AoE land better
- "Stand Your Ground!" does not stack with "SY!"
- Aggressive Refrain can be maintained outside of battle with only the use of "There's Nothing to Fear!" but is much easier with the use of a second (energy) shout.
- It's advisable to have a player or hero bring Dark Fury to make the job of maintaining "Save Yourselves!" trivial.
- A Luxon or Kurzick rank of 5 is preferable, though you can maintain "SY!" with rank 0.
- When playing with a BU, drop "For Great Justice!" and Aggressive Refrain for two other skills.
- The +100 AL of "Save Yourselves!" provides a damage reduction of 82.3% (only against armor-respecting damage). Or in other words, dropping SY! will result in about 5.7 times more armor-respecting damage taken.
- This build is often called an Imba or Imbagon by the community because of the overpowered nature of certain skills.