This build is in the metagame and deserves to be stored.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
The Imbagon gives constant damage reduction to your party using powerful PvE-only skills and deals few damage with its spear.
Attributes and Skills
You gain 2 Energy for each ally affected by one of your Shouts or Chants (maximum 7 Energy).
CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.FactionsWarrior. Kurzick rank "Save Yourselves!" (Kurzick)ShoutFor 4..6 seconds, all other party members gain 100 armor.
Gain 2 energy per affected ally (maximum of 7 energy).
PvE only.8NightfallParagon. Sunspear rank "There's Nothing to Fear!"ShoutFor 4 seconds and 1 second for every 2 ranks in Leadership, all party members within earshot take 20..35% less damage. Affected party members are healed for 35..60 Health when this Shout ends.
Gain 2 energy per affected ally (maximum of 7 energy).
PvE only.1520EotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank Ebon Battle Standard of HonorWard SpellYou plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 14..20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +8..15 damage and an additional +7..10 vs. Charr.
PvE only.10120CoreWarrior. Unlinked"For Great Justice!"ShoutFor 20 seconds, whenever you gain adrenaline, you gain 100% more.
Gain 2 energy.545NightfallParagon. Leadership 14Focused AngerElite SkillFor 45 seconds, you gain 140% more adrenaline.1060CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.
The Luxon template code: OQGjgylopSAAAAieAh5iXFpbAA
Optionals 1 and 2:
- Vicious AttackNightfallParagon. Spear Mastery 9Vicious AttackSpear AttackIf this attack hits, you deal +14 damage. If you land a critical hit with this attack, target foe suffers from a Deep Wound for 11 seconds.58 for Deep Wound. Use with "Go for the Eyes!"
- "Go for the Eyes!"NightfallParagon. Command 11"Go for the Eyes!"ShoutFor 10 seconds, the next time each ally within earshot makes an attack, that attack has an additional 81% chance to critical.4 for energy intensive builds and use with Vicious Attack. Also synergizes well with minions.
- "Find Their Weakness!"NightfallParagon. Command 11"Find Their Weakness!"ShoutFor 16 seconds, the next time target ally attacks, that ally deals +38 damage and inflicts a Deep Wound for 16 seconds.1015 for both easy maintenance of Aggressive Refrain and a source of Deep Wound.
- Signet of AggressionNightfallParagon. UnlinkedSignet of AggressionSignetIf you are under the effects of a Shout or Chant, you gain 2 strikes of adrenaline.15 to prep "SY" before battles, and for adrenaline in heavy anti-melee areas
- "To the Limit!"PropheciesWarrior. Tactics 8"To the Limit!"ShoutFor each foe within earshot (maximum 4), you gain one strike of adrenaline. For 15 seconds, your maximum Health is increased by 37.515 to fuel adrenaline, useful against melee hate to keep "Save Yourselves!" up. Invest 8-10 points in Tactics rather than Command.
- "Fall Back!"NightfallParagon. Command 11"Fall Back!"ShoutFor 8 seconds, all allies within earshot gain 12 Health per second while moving and move 33% faster. "Fall Back!" ends on an ally affected by this Shout when that ally successfully hits with an attack.1020 for speeding up time between battles and kiting/breaking aggro.
- Anthem of FlameNightfallParagon. Leadership 14Anthem of FlameChantFor 10 seconds, the next attack Skill used by each party member within earshot also causes Burning for 3 seconds.
Gain 2 energy per affected ally (maximum of 7 energy).5110 for burning or Anthem of WearinessEotNParagon. Command 9Anthem of WearinessChantFor 8 seconds, the next attack Skill used by each ally within earshot also causes Weakness for 10 seconds.5110 for weakness. The latter is useful with spirits in your team.
- "They're on Fire!"NightfallParagon. Leadership 14"They're on Fire!"ShoutFor 10 seconds, party members within earshot take 33% less damage from foes suffering from Burning.
Gain 2 energy per affected ally (maximum of 7 energy).1010 to provide some extra defense when other party members cause a lot of burning.
- "We Shall Return!"NightfallParagon. Command 11"We Shall Return!"ShoutAll party members in earshot are resurrected with 43% Health and 16% Energy.2530 for party-wide res.
Optional 3 should be your IAS:
- FlurryPropheciesWarrior. UnlinkedFlurryStanceFor 5 seconds, your attack rate is increased by 33%, but you deal 25% less damage.55 for a technically superior 33% IAS, spam it as much as SY.
- Aggressive RefrainNightfallParagon. Leadership 14Aggressive RefrainEchoFor 24 seconds, you attack 25% faster but have -20 armor. This echo is reapplied every time a chant or shout ends on you.25220 for a low effort, low energy required 25% IAS, at the cost of -20 armor.
- Centurion's or Survivor Insignias.
- Furious Spear of Fortitude/Defense
- Command Shield of Fortitude. Eye of Argon is a good all-purpose choice
- Tactics Shield of Fortitude if using "To the Limit!". Preferably req. 7-8 tactics.
- High energy set if DP drops your energy below 25.
- Alternate using Focused Anger and "For Great Justice!".
- Mash "Save Yourselves!" and maintain "There's Nothing to Fear!" to provide immense party support.
- Use your attack skills for finishing off individual foes.
- Use Ebon Battle Standard of Honor to increase the damage output of your party.
- Melee hate
- Anti-shout skills such as Vocal Minority or heavy use of Well of Silence.
- Anti-adrenaline hexes such as Soothing Images.
- Spirits like Soothing and to a lesser degree, Roaring Winds.
- Hexbreaker Aria to combat hexes in caster parties.
- Swap Ebon Battle Standard of Honor for:
- Spear of Fury for adrenaline instead of damage buffing.
- Asuran Scan to counter antimelee hate that prevents you building adrenaline, and to combine with Hexbreaker Aria, although having another party member keep you hex-free is preferable
- Tryptophan Signet to reduce melee damage and as a snare to let your caster's AoE land better
- "Stand Your Ground!" does not stack with "SY!"
- Aggressive Refrain can be maintained outside of battle with only the use of "There's Nothing to Fear!" but is much easier with the use of a second (energy) shout.
- It's advisable to have a player or hero bring Dark Fury to make the job of maintaining "Save Yourselves!" trivial.
- A Luxon or Kurzick rank of 5 is preferable, though you can maintain "SY!" with rank 0.
- When playing with a BU, drop "For Great Justice!" and Aggressive Refrain for two other skills.
- The +100 AL of "Save Yourselves!" provides a damage reduction of 82.3% for 60 AR professions (only against armor-respecting damage). Or in other words, dropping SY! will result in about 5.7 times more armor-respecting damage taken.
- Combined with "There's Nothing to Fear!" this reaches 89% damage reduction for 60 AR professions, and up to 92% for 80 AR professions.
- This build is often called an Imba or Imbagon by the community because of the overpowered nature of certain skills.
- P/W Soldier's Fury Spear for a build with similar defensive capabilities combined with a greater damage output.