Build:R/A RA November Magebane Shot Marksmanship
This build is in the testing phase.
This build has been designed for the following use:
|This build is significantly affected by the Flux: All In. |
See the build's talk page for discussion and ramifications not noted here.
This is a PvP-oriented Ranger/Assassin build designed to have high utility for Random Arenas. It takes a variety of skills to allow for fights against many different opponent builds. It takes skills all from Marksmanship or unlinked skills to fit in the November Flux, All In.
Attributes and Skills
The energy cost of attack skills, rituals, touch skills and all Ranger skills is reduced by 52%.
NightfallRanger. UnlinkedMagebane ShotElite Bow AttackIf this attack hits, it interrupts target foe's action. If that action was a Spell, it is disabled for an additional 10 seconds. This attack cannot be blocked.5½5CoreRanger. Marksmanship 14Savage ShotBow AttackIf Savage Shot hits, your target's action is interrupted. If that action was a Spell, you strike for +27 damage.5½5CoreRanger. Marksmanship 14Debilitating ShotBow AttackIf Debilitating Shot hits, your target loses 9 Energy.510CoreRanger. Marksmanship 14Pin DownBow AttackIf Pin Down hits, your target is Crippled for 14 seconds.78CoreRanger. Marksmanship 14Hunter's ShotBow AttackIf this attack hits, your target bleeds for 24 seconds.2110EotNRanger. Marksmanship 14Rapid FirePreparationFor 24 seconds, you attack 33% faster while wielding a bow.2212FactionsAssassin. UnlinkedDashStanceFor 3 seconds, you run 50% faster.58CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.3
- Antidote SignetCoreRanger. UnlinkedAntidote SignetSignetCleanse yourself of Poison, Disease, and Blindness, and one additional condition.14 over Hunter's Shot if you have a problem with Dervishes that cripple.
- Frenzied DefenseNightfallWarrior. UnlinkedFrenzied DefenseStanceFor 8 seconds, you have a 75% chance to block incoming attacks, but take double damage.510 and FlurryPropheciesWarrior. UnlinkedFlurryStanceFor 5 seconds, your attack rate is increased by 33%, but you deal 25% less damage.55 over Rapid Fire and Dash if you have trouble with meleers.
- Vampiric Recurve bow of defense, 15^50 (15% damage while above 50% health)
- Zealous Recurve bow of defense, 15^50
- Barbed or Crippling Recurve bow of defense, 15^50
- Defensive sets:
- Spear of defense, +5 energy
- Command shields of fortitude, color-coded by damage type: red shield can have +10 armor vs. fire, blue shield can have +10 armor vs. water, etc.
- See: Guide:GvG Ranger for tips on how to play Ranger in PvP.
- Use Dash to kite away from meleers.
- If you get knocked down, use one of your interrupts on the attacking meleer while you are in the process of standing up. If the meleer is somewhat inexperienced, you might be able to interrupt a second knockdown. Then use Dash to get away.
- Run close to opponents you want to interrupt. Unlike a Mesmer, your arrows take a certain amount of time to fly through the air and hit your opponent. This amount of time is lengthened the farther you are away from your opponent. So stick to them like glue.