Build:R/W Anniversary Beastmaster
This build is in the testing phase.
This build has been designed for the following use:
A ranger build that makes use of the anniversary sword "Prominence" to max out beast mastery without sacrificing personal damage.
Attributes and Skills
The energy cost of attack skills, rituals, touch skills and all Ranger skills is reduced by 56%.
PropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 16Brutal StrikePet AttackYour animal companion attempts a Brutal Strike that deals +37 damage. If that attack strikes a foe whose Health is below 50%, that foe takes an additional +37 damage.45CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreRanger. Expertise 14"Together as One!"Elite ShoutFor 14 seconds, all party members near you or near your pet deal +14 additional damage with attacks and gain +7 Health regeneration.
PvE only.415CoreRanger. Beast Mastery 16Call of HasteShoutFor 30 seconds, your animal companion has a 33% faster attack speed and moves 33% faster.425EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank 5Drunken MasterStanceFor 90 seconds, your movement and attack speeds are increased by 15%. If you are drunk while activating this Skill, your movement and attack speeds are increased by 33% instead.
PvE only.560CoreRanger. Beast Mastery 16Comfort AnimalSkillYou heal your animal companion for 110 Health. If your companion is dead, it is resurrected with 61% Health. If you have Comfort Animal equipped, your animal companion will travel with you.211
Fill in the remaining optional slots with:
- Melandru's AssaultPropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 16Melandru's AssaultPet AttackYour animal companion attempts a Melandru's Assault that deals +21 damage to all nearby foes.105 - AoE damage
- Predator's PouncePropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 16Predator's PouncePet AttackYour animal companion attempts a Predator's Pounce that deals +37 damage. If that attack hits, your animal companion gains 53 Health.55 - cheap damage
- Scavenger StrikeCoreRanger. Beast Mastery 16Scavenger StrikePet AttackYour animal companion attempts a Scavenger Strike that deals +26 damage. If the attack strikes a foe who is suffering a condition, you gain 16 Energy.510 - energy management; requires your party to bring conditions
- "Dodge This!"EotNNo Profession. Norn rank 6"Dodge This!"ShoutFor 20 seconds, your next attack cannot be blocked and does +20 damage.
PvE only.4 - spammable dps + bypass blocking
- Protector's StrikePropheciesWarrior. Strength 0Protector's StrikeMelee AttackIf this attack strikes a moving foe, you strike for 10 more damage.5½3 - cheap, spammable dps
- Sun and Moon SlashFactionsWarrior. Swordsmanship 0Sun and Moon SlashSword AttackAttack target foe twice. These attacks cannot be blocked.8 - double strike
- Whirlwind AttackNightfallWarrior. Sunspear rank 6Whirlwind AttackMelee AttackAttack target and adjacent foes. Each attack that hits deals +20 damage.
PvE only.61 - AoE damage
- Distracting BlowCoreWarrior. UnlinkedDistracting BlowMelee AttackSwipe your weapon at the target, dealing no damage but disrupting the target's current action (and the actions of foes adjacent to your target).5½10 - AoE interrupt
- Wild BlowCoreWarrior. UnlinkedWild BlowMelee AttackLose all adrenaline. If it hits, this attack will result in a critical hit and any Stance being used by your target ends. This attack cannot be blocked.58 - stance removal
- Brawling HeadbuttEotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank 6Brawling HeadbuttSkillYou headbutt target touched foe dealing 70 damage and knocking down that foe if it hits.
PvE only.7¾ - knockdown
Defense / Utility:
- Throw DirtCoreRanger. Expertise 15Throw DirtSkillTarget touched foe and foes adjacent to your target become Blinded for 15 seconds.2130 - AoE blind
- Otyugh's CryPropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 16Otyugh's CryShoutFor 26 seconds, your animal companion gains +24 armor and cannot be blocked.530 - pet armor + anti block
- Call of ProtectionPropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 16Call of ProtectionShoutFor 120 seconds, your animal companion has a 21 base damage reduction.590 - powerful prot for pet
- Edge of ExtinctionPropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 16Edge of ExtinctionNature RitualCreate a level 11 Spirit with 220 Health and 68 armor. If a non-Spirit creature within range dies, Edge of Extinction deals 52 damage to all creatures of the same type that are below 90% Health and within range of the Spirit. This Spirit dies after 158 seconds.5560 - explode non-human enemy groups
- "Save Yourselves!"FactionsWarrior. Kurzick rank 6"Save Yourselves!" (Kurzick)ShoutFor 6 seconds, all other party members gain 100 armor.
PvE only.8 - party protection to compliment "Together as One!"
- "I Am Unstoppable!"EotNNo Profession. Norn rank 6"I Am Unstoppable!"ShoutFor 20 seconds, you have +24 armor and cannot be knocked down or Crippled.
PvE only.530 - anti-snare
- Asuran ScanEotNNo Profession. Asura rank 5Asuran ScanHex SpellFor 12 seconds your attacks cannot miss target foe. Killing a foe hexed with Asuran scan removes 5% death penalty.
PvE only.55 - circumvent anti-melee, although most of the damage is dealt by the pet
- Great Dwarf WeaponEotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank 5Great Dwarf WeaponWeapon SpellFor 20 seconds, target other ally's weapon strikes for +20 damage and has a 40% chance to cause knock down.
PvE only.1015 - to buff your pet or other allies. Requires Scavenger Strike and your party to bring conditions
- A dire Racing Beetle is preferred, since they have the highest attack speed.
- alternatively, use of a different dire pet species allows the pet to stick onto targets better with faster movement speed.
- Vampiric Anniversary Sword "Prominence" with a Fortitude or Defense grip.
- A Zealous hilt may help if energy is an issue.
- A +30 health shield with an inscription of your choice.
- Beastmaster insignias
- Best vigor rune you can afford
- A rune of clarity based on preference.
- Vitae runes to fill in remaining slots.
- Maintain all buffs
- Cast damage abilities on cooldown, but try to use Brutal Strike on foes under 50% health for maximum damage.
- Take Run as One & Never Rampage Alone over Call of Haste & Drunken Master if you desire extra regen or don't want to use alcohol.
- Pets receive 33% less damage by default and all damage they deal is increased by 33%, applying on bonus damage from weapon spells, pet attack skills and other sources.x
- The radius of "Together as One!" is actually in the area.
- Works best when combined with physical support.
- Pet getting stuck