This build is in the metagame and deserves to be stored.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
This PvE-oriented Ranger/Warrior build uses the elite skill Barrage to deal steady AoE damage and rapidly build adrenaline for "Save Yourselves!". Barrage also acts as an excellent delivery method for Splinter Weapon. The build is flexible to the needs of the team, generally having plenty of room for alternative forms of support.
Attributes and Skills
Ranger. Marksmanship 14
Elite Bow Attack
All your Preparations are removed. Shoot arrows at target foe and up to 6 foes adjacent to your target. These arrows strike for +19 damage if they hit.
Warrior. Kurzick rank
"Save Yourselves!" (Kurzick)
For 4..6 seconds, all other party members gain 100 armor.
No Profession. Unlinked
No Profession. Unlinked
No Profession. Unlinked
No Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank
Ebon Battle Standard of Honor
You plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 14..20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +8..15 damage and an additional +7..10 vs. Charr.
No Profession. Unlinked
No Profession. Unlinked
- IAS (must take one of these):
- Dwarven Stability+ Lightning ReflexesEotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rankDwarven StabilityEnchantment SpellFor 24..30 seconds, your Stances last 55..100% longer. If you activated this Skill while drunk, you cannot be knocked down.30¼5: Consider putting more points into Expertise.CoreRanger. Expertise 9Lightning ReflexesStanceFor 9 seconds, you have a 75% chance to block melee and projectile attacks, and you attack 33% faster.306
- Never Rampage Alone: Decent maintainable IAS if bringing a pet.NightfallRanger. Sunspear rankNever Rampage AloneSkillFor 18..25 seconds, you and your pet attack 25% faster and have 1..3 Health regeneration.2015
- Frenzy: Unlinked 33% IAS. Downside should be manageable as long as you stay at range and manage aggro well.CoreWarrior. UnlinkedFrenzyStanceFor 8 seconds, you attack 33% faster but take double damage.45
- Drunken Master: Ideal with alcohol or essence.EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rankDrunken MasterStanceFor 72..90 seconds, your movement and attack speeds are increased by 10..15%. If you are drunk while activating this Skill, your movement and attack speeds are increased by 25..33% instead.605
- Dwarven Stability
- Bow Attacks:
- Sloth Hunter's Shot- for increased single-target damage. Works best with ample disruption in the team.EotNRanger. Marksmanship 14Sloth Hunter's ShotBow AttackIf this attack hits, target foe takes +24 damage. If that foe is not using a Skill, Sloth Hunter's Shot does an additional +33 damage.810
- Needling Shot- for finishing foes below 50%.FactionsRanger. Marksmanship 14Needling ShotBow AttackNeedling Shot strikes for only 29 damage and moves faster than normal. If Needling Shot strikes a foe below 50% Health, Needling Shot recharges instantly. Your other attack skills are disabled for 2 seconds.4¾5
- Triple Shot (Kurzick)- for increased single target damage. Works very well with buffs.FactionsRanger. Kurzick rank 10Triple Shot (Kurzick)Bow AttackShoot 3 arrows simultaneously at target foe. These arrows deal 40..25% less damage.1010
- Distracting Shot/ Savage ShotCoreRanger. Expertise 9Distracting ShotBow AttackIf Distracting Shot hits, it interrupts target foe's action but deals only 10 damage. If the interrupted action was a skill, that skill is disabled for an additional 20 seconds.10½3- interrupt dangerous skills.CoreRanger. Marksmanship 14Savage ShotBow AttackIf Savage Shot hits, your target's action is interrupted. If that action was a Spell, you strike for +27 damage.5½10
- Sloth Hunter's Shot
- Pet Skills
- Comfort Animal- use a Racing Beetle if you want your pet to be a notable source of damage.CoreRanger. Beast Mastery 11Comfort AnimalSkillYou heal your animal companion for 82 Health. If your companion is dead, it is resurrected with 45% Health. If you have Comfort Animal equipped, your animal companion will travel with you.115
- Otyugh's Cry- prevent blocking for your pet.PropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 11Otyugh's CryShoutFor 21 seconds, your animal companion gains +24 armor and cannot be blocked.305
- Feral Aggression- increasing pet damage.EotNRanger. Beast Mastery 11Feral AggressionSkillFor 16 seconds, your pet attacks 33% faster and deals 8 additional damage.2015
- Brutal Strike- spikePropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 11Brutal StrikePet AttackYour animal companion attempts a Brutal Strike that deals +27 damage. If that attack strikes a foe whose Health is below 50%, that foe takes an additional +27 damage.510
- Comfort Animal
- Nature Rituals:
- Favorable Winds- for more damage: faster arrows means foes will not strafe, causing your arrows to miss.CoreRanger. Marksmanship 14Favorable WindsNature RitualCreate a level 9 Spirit with 180 Health and 56 armor. For non-Spirit creatures within its range, arrows move twice as fast and strike for +6 damage. This Spirit dies after 142 seconds.6055
- Edge of Extinction- additional damage to others upon finishing a foe. Be careful when deciding to use against human foes.PropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 11Edge of ExtinctionNature RitualCreate a level 8 Spirit with 160 Health and 50 armor. If a non-Spirit creature within range dies, Edge of Extinction deals 40 damage to all creatures of the same type that are below 90% Health and within range of the Spirit. This Spirit dies after 118 seconds.6055
- Frozen Soil- to prevent foes from using resurrection skills.PropheciesRanger. Wilderness SurvivalFrozen SoilNature RitualCreate a level 1..8..11 Spirit. Non-Spirit creatures within its range cannot resurrect dead allies. This Spirit dies after 30..78..94 seconds.30510
- Favorable Winds
- "For Great Justice!"- build adrenaline against foes not balled up; backup adrenalineCoreWarrior. Unlinked"For Great Justice!"ShoutFor 20 seconds, whenever you gain adrenaline, you gain 100% more.455
- "I Am the Strongest!"- for additional damage.EotNNo Profession. Norn rank"I Am the Strongest!"ShoutYour next 5..8 attacks do an additional +14..20 damage.205
- Asuran Scan- to counter block/blind/miss effects.EotNNo Profession. Asura rankAsuran ScanHex SpellFor 9..12 seconds your attacks cannot miss target foe. Killing a foe hexed with Asuran scan removes 5% death penalty.55
- "For Great Justice!"
If "Save Yourselves!" is not needed or being provided by another player, you can change secondaries for one of the following:
Paragon: (put 10 in Command):
- "Go for the Eyes!"- to increase damage.NightfallParagon. Command 10"Go for the Eyes!"ShoutFor 10 seconds, the next time each ally within earshot makes an attack, that attack has an additional 77% chance to critical.4
- "Fall Back!"- decreases downtime between groups with a micro'ed BIP heroNightfallParagon. Command 10"Fall Back!"ShoutFor 8 seconds, all allies within earshot gain 12 Health per second while moving and move 33% faster. "Fall Back!" ends on an ally affected by this Shout when that ally successfully hits with an attack.2010
- "Stand Your Ground!"- provide additional armor to cover your SY spammerNightfallParagon. Command 10"Stand Your Ground!"ShoutFor 15 seconds, all party members within earshot receive +24 armor when not moving.2010
- Hexbreaker Aria- party wide hex removalNightfallParagon. UnlinkedHexbreaker AriaChantFor 10 seconds, the next time each ally within earshot casts a Spell, that ally loses 1 Hex.28
- Signet of Return- is useful as a repeatable resurrection skill, even without access to the Leadership attribute.NightfallParagon. Leadership 0Signet of ReturnSignetResurrect target party member with 5% Health and 1% Energy for each party member within earshot.55
- Conjure Flame- to increase damage of Barrage with a Fiery BowstringCoreElementalist. Fire Magic 10Conjure FlameEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, if you're wielding a fire weapon, your attacks strike for an additional 15 fire damage.45110
- Conjure Frost- to increase damage of Barrage with an Icy BowstringCoreElementalist. Water Magic 10Conjure FrostEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, if you're wielding a cold weapon, your attacks strike for an additional 15 cold damage.45110
- Conjure Lightning- to increase damage of Barrage with a Shocking BowstringCoreElementalist. Air Magic 10Conjure LightningEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, if you're wielding a lightning weapon, your attacks strike for an additional 15 lightning damage.45110
- Summon Spirits (Kurzick)- can be used to keep Favorable WindsFactionsRitualist. Kurzick rankSummon Spirits (Kurzick)SpellAll Spirits you control shadow step to your location, and gain 60..100 Health.5¼5, WinnowingCoreRanger. Marksmanship 14Favorable WindsNature Ritual6055, and/or Edge of ExtinctionCoreRanger. Wilderness Survival 14WinnowingNature RitualCreate a level 9 Spirit with 180 Health and 56 armor. Non-Spirit creatures within range take 4 additional damage whenever they take physical damage. This Spirit dies after 142 seconds.6055with you, mitigating their long downtimes and casting times.PropheciesRanger. Beast Mastery 11Edge of ExtinctionNature RitualCreate a level 8 Spirit with 160 Health and 50 armor. If a non-Spirit creature within range dies, Edge of Extinction deals 40 damage to all creatures of the same type that are below 90% Health and within range of the Spirit. This Spirit dies after 118 seconds.6055
- Flesh of My Flesh/ Death Pact SignetFactionsRitualist. Restoration MagicFlesh of My FleshSpellLose half your Health. Resurrect target party member with your current Health and 5..17..21% Energy.45- repeatable resurrection.NightfallRitualist. Restoration MagicDeath Pact SignetSignetResurrect target party member with your current Health and 15..83..106% Energy. The next time that ally dies within 120 seconds, so do you.123
If no support ritualist is available, consider taking 10 Channeling Magic for the following:
- Splinter Weapon- in some PuGs you may find self-casting better than going entirely without it.FactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 10Splinter WeaponWeapon SpellFor 20 seconds, target ally has a Splinter Weapon. Target ally's next 4 attacks deal 35 damage to up to 3 adjacent foes.515
- Nightmare Weapon- combines well with Triple Shot to turn it into an entirely armor-ignoring spike.FactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 10Nightmare WeaponWeapon SpellFor 12 seconds, target ally has a Nightmare Weapon. Target ally's next 3 attacks are reduced by 37 damage and steal up to 37 Health.1015
- Any armor can be used, but Survivor insignia or Beastmaster's insignia with a pet are better choices.
- Vampiric or Zealous bow strings are used a lot in Barrage builds as you get multiple hits per shot (provided the build doesn't call for an elemental string) though a Sundering string is a good stand-by if you don't want to worry about the degen and makes a good switch-out weapon.
- A Flatbow is commonly used in a barrage build provided Favorable Winds is brought as well to lessen the large arrow arc from a Flatbow and to help speed the arrows to their targets. Otherwise, each bow has its own ups and downs but can be used as preferred. If you wish to use a green Flatbow:
- Place Ebon Battle Standard of Honorbefore the fight.EotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank 10Ebon Battle Standard of HonorWard SpellYou plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 14..20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +8..15 damage and an additional +7..10 vs. Charr.20110
- Maintain your IAS.
- Spam Barrage.CoreRanger. Marksmanship 14BarrageElite Bow AttackAll your Preparations are removed. Shoot arrows at target foe and up to 6 foes adjacent to your target. These arrows strike for +19 damage if they hit.15
- Maintain "Save Yourselves!" (Kurzick). Your adrenaline is still not as guaranteed as an Imbagon's, so try to make sure you target Barrage to hit as many foes as possible at all times.FactionsWarrior. Kurzick rank"Save Yourselves!" (Kurzick)ShoutFor 4..6 seconds, all other party members gain 100 armor.8
- If you brought it, reserve "For Great Justice!"for situations where you can't fuel SY without it.CoreWarrior. Unlinked"For Great Justice!"ShoutFor 20 seconds, whenever you gain adrenaline, you gain 100% more.455
- It may not always work, but try to have your pet engage a target that will cause it to participate in body-blocking foes along with minions/melee players.
- Any standard melee/ranger counters such as blindness
- Attack and hit hexes like Empathy, Spiteful SpiritCoreMesmer. Domination MagicEmpathyHex SpellFor 5..13..16 seconds, whenever target foe attacks, that foe takes 10..46..58 damage and target foe deals 1..12..16 less damage with attacks.10210, etc.PropheciesNecromancer. CursesSpiteful SpiritElite Hex SpellFor 8..18..21 seconds, whenever target foe attacks or uses a skill, Spiteful Spirit deals 5..29..37 shadow damage to that foe and all adjacent allies of that foe.10215