Build:R/any Escape Runner
The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Ranger build capable of running to most common destinations.
Attributes and skills
The energy cost of attack skills, rituals, touch skills and all Ranger skills is reduced by 56%.
PropheciesRanger. Expertise 14DodgeStanceFor 11 seconds, you move 33% faster and have a 72% chance to block incoming projectiles. Dodge ends if you attack.230CoreRanger. Expertise 14EscapeElite StanceFor 8 seconds, you move 33% faster and have a 75% chance to block attacks.212FactionsRanger. Expertise 14Zojun's HasteStanceFor 11 seconds, you move 33% faster and have a 72% chance to block incoming projectiles. Zojun's Haste ends if you attack.230EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "I Am Unstoppable!"ShoutFor 16..20 seconds, you have +24 armor and cannot be knocked down or Crippled.
PvE only.530EotNNo Profession. Norn rank Feel No PainSkillFor 30 seconds you have +2..3 Health regeneration. If you are drunk when activating this Skill you also have +200..300 maximum Health.
PvE only.520CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.
- Natural StrideNightfallRanger. Wilderness Survival Natural StrideStanceFor 1..7..8 seconds, you run 33% faster and have a 50% chance to block incoming attacks. Natural Stride ends if you become Hexed or Enchanted.512 combined with Escape is enough to maintain a speed boost, but gets removed by hexes.
- Storm ChaserCoreRanger. Wilderness Survival Storm ChaserStanceFor 8..18..21 seconds, you move 25% faster, and you gain 1..4..5 Energy whenever you take elemental damage.1020 can be used instead of Dodge & Zojun's Haste at the cost of speed.
- Troll UnguentCoreRanger. Wilderness Survival Troll UnguentSkillFor 13 seconds, you gain +3..9..10 Health regeneration.5310 healing skill that can be cast before running into a group of enemies.
- Antidote SignetCoreRanger. UnlinkedAntidote SignetSignetCleanse yourself of Poison, Disease, and Blindness, and one additional condition.14 if facing multiple conditions.
- "Don't Trip!"EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank "Don't Trip!"ShoutFor 3..5 seconds, party members within earshot cannot be knocked down.
PvE only.520 requires precise timing, but provides another anti-KD.
- "You Move Like a Dwarf!"EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "You Move Like a Dwarf!"ShoutTarget foe is knocked down and takes 44..80 damage. When that foe gets up, it is Crippled for 8..15 seconds.
PvE only.1010 instant knockdown and cripple, used to interrupt anything that may slow you down.
Your secondary profession depends on where you are running.
- Assassin is faster but has no hex removal.
- Monk is slower but has hex removal.
|Variant: R/Mo Droknar's Forge Runner|
- Remove HexCoreMonk. UnlinkedRemove HexSpellRemove a Hex from target ally.518 or Cure Hex for additional hex removal.
- Reverse HexFactionsMonk. Protection Prayers Reverse HexEnchantment SpellRemove one Hex from target ally. For 5..9..10 seconds, the next time target ally would take damage, that damage is reduced by 5..41..53.10¼10 faster cast time than the above, but more expensive.
- Patient SpiritEotNMonk. Healing Prayers Patient SpiritEnchantment SpellFor 2 seconds, target ally is Enchanted with Patient Spirit. Unless this enchantment ends prematurely, that ally is healed for 30..102..126 Health when the enchantment ends. 5¼4 is a cheap and relatively big heal, but has a delay and can be vulnerable to enchantment removal.
For areas where hexes aren't a concern, such as the Crystal Desert, Ascalon and Talus Chute.
|Variant: R/A Escape Runner|
- Dark EscapeFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts Dark EscapeStanceFor 5..13..16 seconds, you move 25% faster and take half damage. Dark Escape ends if you successfully hit with an attack.530 is often used for its damage reduction, but gives less speed than other stances.
- Dark PrisonFactionsAssassin. Deadly Arts Dark PrisonHex SpellShadow Step to target foe. For 1..5..6 seconds, that foe moves 33% slower.10¼30 is sometimes used alongside Death's Charge, but costs 10 energy.
- Feel No PainEotNNo Profession. Norn rank Feel No PainSkillFor 30 seconds you have +2..3 Health regeneration. If you are drunk when activating this Skill you also have +200..300 maximum Health.
PvE only.520 is maintainable and irremovable but provides a low amount of regen.
- Shadow SanctuaryFactionsAssassin. Kurzick rank Shadow Sanctuary (Kurzick)Enchantment SpellYou are Blinded for 10 seconds. For 10 seconds, you gain +5..10 Health regeneration and +40 armor.
PvE only.5¼30 provides a stronger regen and armor buff, but not maintainable and can be removed.
- Sentry's/Survivor Insignia.
- A +5 energy axe/sword/spear weapon with either +5 armor or +30 health.
- A shield with +30 hp and -2 damage in stance.
- A staff with energy modifiers might be required when spamming high cost skills.
- Keep up 33% IMS with Dodge > Escape > Zojun's Haste > Escape
- If using Dwarven Stability, maintain it and use Escape on recharge.
- Use "I Am Unstoppable" to remove cripple.
- Use "Don't Trip!" or "I Am Unstoppable" (in that order) before getting knocked down. This may take some practice.
- Taking too much damage.
- Inability to deal with snares.
- Rubberbanding/lag. Avoid running close to mobs to reduce rubberbanding.
- Making mistakes.
- Having 5 Deldrimor/Norn/Kurzick/Luxon rank is an advantage, but not required.