Build:R/any Escape Runner
The PvXwiki community finds this to be a good build.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 3.75 to < 4.75 and thus qualifies for the lower category of working builds: Good.
This build has been designed for the following use:
Ranger build capable of running to most common destinations.
Attributes and skills
The energy cost of attack skills, rituals, touch skills and all Ranger skills is reduced by 56%.
PropheciesRanger. Expertise 14DodgeStanceFor 11 seconds, you move 33% faster and have a 72% chance to block incoming projectiles. Dodge ends if you attack.230CoreRanger. Expertise 14EscapeElite StanceFor 8 seconds, you move 33% faster and have a 75% chance to block attacks.212FactionsRanger. Expertise 14Zojun's HasteStanceFor 11 seconds, you move 33% faster and have a 72% chance to block incoming projectiles. Zojun's Haste ends if you attack.230EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "I Am Unstoppable!"ShoutFor 16..20 seconds, you have +24 armor and cannot be knocked down or Crippled.
PvE only.530EotNNo Profession. Norn rank Feel No PainSkillFor 30 seconds you have +2..3 Health regeneration. If you are drunk when activating this Skill you also have +200..300 maximum Health.
PvE only.520CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.
- Natural Stride combined with Escape is enough to maintain a speed boost, but gets removed by hexes.
- Storm Chaser can be used instead of Dodge & Zojun's Haste at the cost of speed.
- Troll Unguent healing skill that can be cast before running into a group of enemies.
- Antidote Signet if facing multiple conditions.
- "Don't Trip!" requires precise timing, but provides another anti-KD.
- "You Move Like a Dwarf!" instant knockdown and cripple, used to interrupt anything that may slow you down.
Your secondary profession depends on where you are running.
- Assassin is faster but has no hex removal.
- Monk is slower but has hex removal.
- Remove Hex or Cure Hex for additional hex removal.
- Reverse Hex faster cast time than the above, but more expensive.
- Patient Spirit is a cheap and relatively big heal, but has a delay and can be vulnerable to enchantment removal.
|Variant: R/Mo Droknar's Forge Runner|
For areas where hexes aren't a concern, such as the Crystal Desert, Ascalon and Talus Chute.
|Variant: R/A Escape Runner|
- Dark Escape is often used for its damage reduction, but gives less speed than other stances.
- Dark Prison Sometimes used alongside Death's Charge, but costs 10 energy.
- Sentry's/Survivor Insignia.
- A +5 energy axe/sword/spear weapon with either +5 armor or +30 health.
- A shield with +30 hp and -2 damage in stance.
- A staff with energy modifiers might be required when spamming high cost skills.
- Keep up 33% IMS with Dodge > Escape > Zojun's Haste > Escape
- If using Dwarven Stability, maintain it and use Escape on recharge.
- Use "I Am Unstoppable" to remove cripple.
- Use "Don't Trip!" or "I Am Unstoppable" (in that order) before getting knocked down. This may take some practice.
- Taking too much damage.
- Inability to deal with snares.
- Rubberbanding/lag. Avoid running close to mobs to reduce rubberbanding.
- Making mistakes.
- Having 5 Deldrimor/Norn/Kurzick/Luxon rank is an advantage, but not required.