Build:Team - 2 Man FoW Farm
This build is provisionally vetted Great pending more votes.
This build has received a provisional rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
|This build requires Consumables to operate properly.|
This team build uses an A/N Shadow Form tank and a VoS Spiker to duo farm the Fissure of Woe for Obsidian Shards in Normal Mode. Experience with FoW speed clear is recommended.
You have an additional 2% chance to critical hit. Whenever you critical hit, you get 0 Energy.
FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 16Shroud of DistressEnchantment SpellFor 62 seconds, if you are below 50% Health, you have 8 health regeneration and a 75% chance to block attacks.10145FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 16Shadow FormElite Enchantment SpellFor 22 seconds, you cannot be the target of enemy Spells, and you gain 5 damage reduction for each Assassin enchantment on you. You cannot deal more than 26 damage with a single skill or attack.5130EotNNo Profession. Norn rank "I Am Unstoppable!"ShoutFor 16..20 seconds, you have +24 armor and cannot be knocked down or Crippled.
PvE only.530FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 16Unseen FuryStanceAll adjacent foes are Blinded for 10 seconds. For 31 seconds, you cannot be blocked by Blinded foes. 520EotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank Ebon Battle Standard of HonorWard SpellYou plant an Ebon Battle Standard of Honor at your current location. For 14..20 seconds, non-Spirit allies in this area strike for +8..15 damage and an additional +7..10 vs. Charr.
PvE only.10120CoreNecromancer. Curses 8Mark of PainHex SpellFor 30 seconds, whenever target foe takes physical damage, Mark of Pain deals 26 shadow damage to adjacent foes.10120EotNNo Profession. Deldrimor rank Great Dwarf WeaponWeapon SpellFor 20 seconds, target other ally's weapon strikes for +15..20 damage and has a 28..40% chance to cause knock down.
PvE only.1015FactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 16Death's ChargeSpellShadow Step to target foe. If that foe has more Health than you, you are healed for 209.5¼30
- Make sure you have at least rank 5 of Norn, Vanguard and Deldrimor to maximize the effects of the associated skills.
- Weapons: +20 energy staff of enchanting, one-handed martial weapon of enchanting and +5 energy insc with various shields of devotion with +10 armor vs slashing, piercing, blunt and fire, zealous daggers (with req 9 or 10), longbow.
- Armor: Rune of Superior Vigor and 3x Rune of Vitae, sets with Infiltaror's, Saboteur's and Vanguard Insignia's.
- Maintain Shroud and SF at all times. Use IAU to prevent knock downs and have an armor bonus, only recast Shroud and SF when IAU is up. Use Unseen during downtime of IAU to prevent most of the hits and kd's.
- Because you are in normal mode, foes will break very easily if you run at full speed. Even running straight at them can cause them to scatter. Always walk backwards during your pulls, even when you move just a little bit.
- Ball up the foes and once you're done DC in, cast honor and ping mark of pain to signal the VoS to come in and spike. Make sure that the MoP target is in adjacent range of all foes. If there are Abyssals make sure they are blinded so the VoS doesn't get kd'd by Earth Shaker hitting you.
- As the VoS shadow steps to you rather than directly towards the target, make sure that the target you ping can be hit by the VoS immediately.
- During clean up, cast GDW on the VoS and switch to your daggers. Drop SF if its not needed to increase your damage output.
The energy cost of Dervish enchantments is reduced by 36%.
In PvE, gain +9 armor rating while enchanted.
NightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 16Vow of StrengthElite Enchantment SpellFor 15 seconds, whenever you attack a foe with your scythe, you deal 26 slashing damage to all adjacent foes.3¼20NightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 16Sand ShardsFlash Enchantment SpellFor 30 seconds, the next 5 times you hit with a scythe, all other adjacent foes take 63 earth damage.610EotNNo Profession. Ebon Vanguard rank Ebon EscapeSpellShadow Step to target other ally. You and that other ally are healed for 70..110 health.
PvE only.5¼10NightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 16Staggering ForceFlash Enchantment SpellAll nearby foes are struck for 42 earth damage. For 30 seconds, your attacks deal earth damage. When this enchantment ends, all nearby foes have Cracked Armor for 11 seconds.66NightfallDervish. Scythe Mastery 11Eremite's AttackMelee AttackIf it hits, this attack deals +8 damage and removes a Dervish enchantment. If an enchantment is removed, you do an additional +8 damage and strike all adjacent foes.56NightfallWarrior. Sunspear rank Whirlwind AttackMelee AttackAttack target and adjacent foes. Each attack that hits deals +13..20 damage.
PvE only.61NightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 16Mirage CloakFlash Enchantment SpellFor 7 seconds, you have a 83% chance to block incoming attacks. When you cast this enchantment, all nearby foes are struck for 42 earth damage.610NightfallDervish. Earth Prayers 16Mystic RegenerationEnchantment SpellFor 21 seconds, you have +4 Health regeneration for each enchantment (maximum of 8) on you.6¼10
- You can change the attribute points in Scythe Mastery and Mysticism according to your need for energy.
- Weapons: Zealous Scythe of Enchanting, with +5 energy or +15% damage inscription depending on your need for energy.
- Armor: Blessed/Windwalker or Survivor Insignia with a Rune of Superior Vigor and Rune of Vitae or Rune of Attunement. If you're brave you can replace the two minor runes with superior runes for more damage and better energy management. You might want to use an apple to counteract the low health.
- Wait for the tank to ball up foes, don't aggro anything during the pull.
- When the tank pings MoP, cast VoS, Sand Shards and shadow step to the tank with Ebon Escape, cast Staggering force and press T to target the foe hexed with MoP and hit with Eremite's Attack immediately followed by Whirlwind Attack.
- If there are Mesmers make sure you cover Sand Shards with Mystic Regeneration and Mirage Cloak. Mirage Cloak can be casted after the shadow step to deal some extra damage.
- Be careful as the tank needs to use a res scroll if you die, also try to avoid impalers as you don't have "I Am Unstoppable!".
- At ToS make sure you keep your health up as you constantly get hit by Siege Wurms.
- During cleanup, use Mirage Cloak for blocking.
- Both players need to bring res scrolls!
- If the Essence of Celerity runs out at ToS, consider not popping another one. You don´t need to use SF at all when dealing with the Ranger/Monk mobs, and when spiking an Abbysal/Mesmer group, the spike should be done before SF runs out.
Ball the first mob just like a normal FoWsc. You can then clear ToC if you want but you can skip it, if you do, Rastigan the Eternal will run up so you will be forced to complete the quest Tower of Courage, this should pose no problem. Now walk towards the entrance of the beach but don't enter it, you'll see three patrolling mobs close by, ball those and kill them. After that, proceed to battlefield, after the first 3 skeleton mobs in the battlefield are dead, proceed to the camp and aggro the rangers and some skeletons if you want. Pop the camp and take the quest The Eternal Forgemaster from Eternal Weaponsmith. Now make your way to forge and clear the entrance. Then clear the forge, and do defend. After defend, proceed through the south entrance of forge and fight your way to ToS, killing every shadow army you see.