Build:Team - 7 Hero Dual Ritualist Melee Support
This build is in the testing phase.
This build has been designed for the following use:
7 Hero team composition to support a melee player suitable for general HM content. Intended for players without access to Mercenary Heroes or Zei Ri. Blood is Power fuels the mesmer midline while a Soul Twisting ritualist provides party-wide protection. A second ritualist instead of a third mesmer (due to hero limitations) provides more powerful melee support capabilities.
You activate Spells and Signets 46% faster. (No effect for non-Mesmer skills with a cast time less than 2 seconds.)
In PvE, the recharge time of your Mesmer Spells is reduced by 39%.
CoreMesmer. Domination Magic 16Energy SurgeElite SpellTarget foe loses 11 Energy. For each point of Energy lost, that foe and all nearby foes take 9 damage.51.115CoreMesmer. Domination Magic 16Cry of FrustrationSpellIf target foe is using a skill, that foe and all foes in the area are interrupted and suffer 79 damage.100.115NightfallMesmer. Domination Magic 16MistrustHex SpellFor 6 seconds, the next spell that target foe casts on one of your allies fails and deals 106 damage to that foe and all nearby foes.101.112FactionsMesmer. Domination Magic 16Unnatural SignetSignetTarget foe takes 79 damage. If that foe is under the effects of a hex or enchantment, foes adjacent to your target take 53 damage.0.610CoreMesmer. Domination Magic 16Shatter HexSpellRemove a Hex from target ally. If a Hex is removed, foes near that ally take 126 damage.100.510CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic 7Power DrainSpellIf target foe is casting a Spell or Chant, that Skill is interrupted and you gain 15 Energy.50.120FactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 2Flesh of My FleshSpellLose half your Health. Resurrect target party member with your current Health and 7% Energy.52.2
Variable Skill Slot
- Spiritual PainNightfallMesmer. Domination Magic 16Spiritual PainSpellTarget foe takes 79 damage. All hostile summoned creatures in the area of that foe take 132 damage.517 on one mesmer
- Drain EnchantmentCoreMesmer. Inspiration Magic 7Drain EnchantmentSpellRemove an Enchantment from target foe. If an Enchantment is removed, you gain 12 Energy and 77 Health.5220 on the other
Your maximum Energy is raised by 30.
NightfallElementalist. Air Magic 16Blinding SurgeElite SpellTarget foe is struck for 53 lightning damage. That foe and all adjacent foes are Blinded for 8 seconds. This spell has 25% armor penetration. If this spell strikes an attacking foe, all adjacent foes are also struck and this spell deals 50% more damage.10¾6PropheciesElementalist. Air Magic 16Chain LightningSpellTarget foe and up to two other foes near your target are struck for 90 lightning damage. This spell has 25% armor penetration.51026CoreElementalist. Air Magic 16Lightning StrikeHex SpellStrike target foe for 53 lightning damage. This spell has 25% armor penetration. If you are Overcast, that foe is hexed with Lightning Strike for 3 seconds. When this hex ends, that foe is struck again for 53 lightning damage.515FactionsElementalist. Air Magic 16Shock ArrowSpellSend out a shocking arrow that flies swiftly toward target foe, striking for 53 lightning damage. If Shock Arrow strikes a foe suffering from Cracked Armor, you gain 5 Energy plus 1 Energy for every 2 ranks of Energy Storage. Shock Arrow has 25% armor penetration.518EotNElementalist. Air Magic 16Shell ShockSpellTarget foe takes 31 lightning damage and has Cracked Armor for 21 seconds. This Spell has 25% armor penetration. If you are Overcast, this spell strikes adjacent foes.518CoreElementalist. Air Magic 16Air AttunementEnchantment SpellFor 62 seconds, you are attuned to Air. You gain 1 Energy plus 30% of the base Energy cost of the Skill whenever you use Air Magic.10130NightfallParagon. Command 9"Stand Your Ground!"ShoutFor 14 seconds, all party members within earshot receive +24 armor when not moving.1020NightfallParagon. Command 9"Fall Back!"ShoutFor 8 seconds, all allies within earshot gain 11 Health per second while moving and move 33% faster. "Fall Back!" ends on an ally affected by this Shout when that ally successfully hits with an attack.1020
- GustFactionsElementalist. Air Magic 16GustElite Enchantment SpellFor 11 seconds, both you and target ally move 33% faster. When you cast this spell, all foes near you and your target take 74 cold damage. Foes struck by Gust while attacking or moving are knocked down.10¾10 over Blinding SurgeNightfallElementalist. Air Magic 16Blinding SurgeElite SpellTarget foe is struck for 53 lightning damage. That foe and all adjacent foes are Blinded for 8 seconds. This spell has 25% armor penetration. If this spell strikes an attacking foe, all adjacent foes are also struck and this spell deals 50% more damage.10¾6
Minion masters provide more direct damage through a minion army, and are thus preferred for general gameplay:
|Position 4 Variant: Minion Master|
However, in areas devoid of corpses, or if one prefers to play without minions, a Thunderclap elementalist can be run instead:
|Position 4 Variant: Thunderclap|
Soul Twisting Prot
Creatures you create have 52% more Health, and weapon spells you cast last 52% longer.
FactionsRitualist. Spawning Power 13Soul TwistingElite SkillFor 40 seconds, your Binding Rituals cost 15 less Energy (minimum 10) and recharge instantly. Soul Twisting ends after 3 Binding Rituals.515FactionsRitualist. Communing 16ShelterBinding RitualCreate a level 13 Spirit with 260 (+135) Health and 79 armor. Non-Spirit allies within its range cannot lose more than 10% maximum Health from a single attack. When this Spirit prevents damage, it loses 43 Health. This Spirit lasts 62 seconds.25145FactionsRitualist. Communing 16UnionBinding RitualCreate a level 13 Spirit with 260 (+135) Health and 79 armor. Whenever a non-Spirit ally in its range takes damage or life steal, it is reduced by 15 and the Spirit takes 15 damage. This Spirit dies after 62 seconds.15¾45FactionsRitualist. Communing 16DisplacementBinding RitualCreate a level 15 Spirit with 300 (+156) Health and 91 armor. All non-Spirit allies within its range have a 75% chance to block incoming attacks. Every time an attack is blocked in this way, this Spirit takes 60 damage. This Spirit dies after 62 seconds.15¾45FactionsRitualist. Communing 16Armor of UnfeelingSkillFor 37 seconds, your spirits within earshot take 50% less damage and are immune to critical attacks.5120FactionsRitualist. Spawning Power 13Boon of CreationEnchantment SpellFor 54 seconds, whenever you create a creature, you gain 44 Health and 5 Energy.10245CoreMonk. Smiting Prayers 8Smite HexSpellRemove a Hex from target ally. If a Hex is removed, foes in the area suffer 50 holy damage.5112CoreMonk. Smiting Prayers 8Strength of HonorEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally deals 16 more damage in melee.-110215
Gain 10 Energy whenever a non-Spirit creature near you dies, up to 3 times every 15 seconds.
CoreNecromancer. Blood Magic 13Blood is PowerElite Enchantment SpellFor 10 seconds, target other ally gains +6 Energy regeneration.33%1¼FactionsNecromancer. Blood Magic 13Blood BondHex SpellFor 11 seconds, target foe and all adjacent foes are hexed with Blood Bond. Whenever an ally hits one of them with an attack, that ally gains 18 Health. If one of these foes dies while hexed, all allies adjacent to that foe are healed for 89 Health.518NightfallNecromancer. Soul Reaping 10Signet of Lost SoulsSignetIf target foe is below 50% Health, you gain 70 Health and 7 Energy.¼8FactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 12Spirit TransferSpellThe Spirit nearest you loses 41 Health. Target ally is healed for 5 for each point of Health lost.10¼5FactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 12Mend Body and SoulSpellTarget ally is healed for 96 Health. That ally loses one Condition for each spirit within earshot.5¾3FactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 12Spirit LightSpellTarget ally is healed for 156. If any Spirits are within earshot, you don't sacrifice Health.17%514FactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 12Protective Was KaolaiItem SpellHold Kaolai's ashes for up to 51 seconds. While you hold his ashes, you gain 10 armor. When you drop his ashes, all party members are healed for 70 Health10125FactionsRitualist. Restoration Magic 12LifeBinding RitualCreate a level 11 Spirit with 220 Health and 68 armor. When this Spirit dies, all non-Spirit allies within its range are healed for 6 Health for each second this Spirit was alive. This Spirit dies after 20 seconds.10¾20
|Position 7 Variant: SoS Resto|
|Position 7 Variant: SoS Prot|
The decision to run two Restoration Magic healers versus one Resto and one Prot is up to player preference. Restoration magic provides more direct and party healing, and is thus favorable in areas with heavy degeneration or area of effect damage. Protection prayers is preferred in scenarios in which the player is expected to tank a large share of the damage, such as with aggressive playstyles or when frequently employing tactics such as cornerblocking.
- Hero AI mode:
- Micro the Soul Twisting Prot to maintain Strength of HonorCoreMonk. Smiting Prayers 8Strength of HonorEnchantment SpellWhile you maintain this Enchantment, target ally deals 16 more damage in melee.-110215 on you.
- Invite the hero to your party.
- Click on the number next to the hero in the party window. This opens the hero control panel.
- Hold down left shift and left click once on strength of honour. A red crossed circle shows that it is disabled.
- Target yourself (standard hotkey: F) and left click once on strength of honour. The hero will now cast the enchantment on you and maintain it.
- Repeat step 4 if the enchantment gets removed in combat.
- Advanced users can set a custom hotkey for Action: Order Hero # to use Skill # in the controls options to force heroes to use certain skills. If playing a melee frequently it is recommended to make such hotkeys for both strength of honour and Splinter WeaponFactionsRitualist. Channeling Magic 16Splinter WeaponWeapon SpellFor 20 seconds, target ally has a Splinter Weapon. Target ally's next 5 attacks deal 53 damage to up to 3 adjacent foes.515.
- Before starting a particularly difficult fight, you can force the communing prot to use ShelterFactionsRitualist. Communing 16ShelterBinding RitualCreate a level 13 Spirit with 260 Health and 79 armor. Non-Spirit allies within its range cannot lose more than 10% maximum Health from a single attack. When this Spirit prevents damage, it loses 43 Health. This Spirit lasts 62 seconds.25145↦UnionFactionsRitualist. Communing 16UnionBinding RitualCreate a level 13 Spirit with 260 Health and 79 armor. Whenever a non-Spirit ally in its range takes damage or life steal, it is reduced by 15 and the Spirit takes 15 damage. This Spirit dies after 62 seconds.15¾45→DisplacementFactionsRitualist. Communing 16DisplacementBinding RitualCreate a level 15 Spirit with 300 Health and 91 armor. All non-Spirit allies within its range have a 75% chance to block incoming attacks. Every time an attack is blocked in this way, this Spirit takes 60 damage. This Spirit dies after 62 seconds.15¾45⇥Armor of UnfeelingFactionsRitualist. Communing 16Armor of UnfeelingSkillFor 37 seconds, your spirits within earshot take 50% less damage and are immune to critical attacks.5120 so your team is fully protected right away.
- If you're afraid of area damage, you can also flag the heroes apart. It is recommended to place them in a single line, so heroes won't push forward to get into casting range of foes and thus ball with the heroes in front of them again.
- Natively only the first three heroes can be commanded individually. For the remaining four heroes you need to set up custom hotkeys in the controls option for Action: Command Hero #.
- If a mission or quest requires a specific hero, replace the BSurge Command with the mandatory hero.
- 40/40 weapon sets can be crafted by Gertrud in Vasburg Armory or Telamon in Leviathan Pits.
- As an alternative mesmer equipment setup, run a Rune of Superior Fast Casting (changing Fast Casting to 10+3 and Inspiration Magic to 8+1).
- To compensate for the health loss, run an Adept domination magic staff of fortitude with "Aptitude not Attitude" and a Rune of Vitae.
- This provides two additional points in Inspiration Magic and a chance to halve the recharge time of inspiration magic spells, at the cost of -4 maximum energy and a reduced chance to halve the recharge time of Domination Magic spells.
Test run of Vloxen Excavations