Build:W/any PvP Devastating Hammer
This build is in the metagame and deserves to be stored.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
|This build is significantly affected by the Flux: Chain Combo. |
See the build's talk page for discussion and ramifications not noted here.
A splitable hammer bar utilizing Weakness and knockdowns for survivability while being able to deal good damage and constant disruption.
Common GvG warrior bar; usually seen as a one-of in 8v8 pressure-type builds. Less popular than Balthazar dervishes in split and spike builds.
Attributes and Skills
Your attack skills gain 14% armor penetration.
CoreWarrior. Hammer Mastery 13Devastating HammerElite Hammer AttackIf Devastating Hammer hits, your target is knocked down and suffers from Weakness for 18 seconds.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.7PropheciesWarrior. Hammer Mastery 13Crushing BlowHammer AttackIf this attack hits, you strike for +17 damage. If you hit a knocked-down foe you inflict a Deep Wound, lowering your target's maximum Health by 20% for 18 seconds.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.510CoreWarrior. Hammer Mastery 13Hammer BashHammer AttackLose all adrenaline. If Hammer Bash hits, your target is knocked down.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.6CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreWarrior. Strength 14Bull's StrikeMelee AttackIf this attack hits a moving foe, you strike for +28 damage, and your target is knocked down.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.510NightfallWarrior. Strength 14FlailStanceFor 14 seconds, you attack 33% faster but move 33% slower.4NightfallWarrior. Strength 14Enraging ChargeStanceFor 14 seconds, you move 25% faster. Enraging Charge ends when you successfully strike a target, at which point you gain 3 strikes of adrenaline if you hit with a melee attack.520CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.3
- Protector's StrikePropheciesWarrior. Strength 14Protector's StrikeMelee AttackIf this attack strikes a moving foe, you strike for 38 more damage.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.5½3 - for more damage, damage compression and easy q-knocking.
- Death's ChargeFactionsAssassin. Shadow Arts 3Death's ChargeSpellShadow Step to target foe. If that foe has more Health than you, you are healed for 92.5¼30 - for instant movement and also a self-heal in split situations
- Iron PalmFactionsAssassin. Deadly Arts 3Iron PalmSkillTarget touched foe suffers 14 damage, and if that foe is suffering from a Hex or Condition that foe is knocked down. Iron Palm counts as a lead attack.5¾20 - for an additional, cheap knockdown
- Magehunter's SmashNightfallWarrior. Hammer Mastery 13Magehunter's SmashElite Hammer AttackIf this attack hits, target foe is knocked down. If your target is under the effects of an Enchantment, this attack cannot be blocked.8 over Devastating HammerCoreWarrior. Hammer Mastery 13Devastating HammerElite Hammer AttackIf Devastating Hammer hits, your target is knocked down and suffers from Weakness for 18 seconds.7 if enchant-based blocking is a serious concern.
- Death Pact Signet (PvP)NightfallRitualist. Restoration Magic 3Death Pact Signet (PvP)SignetResurrect target party member with your current Health and 32% Energy. The next time that ally dies within 120 seconds, so do you.412 over Resurrection SignetCoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.3 for a hard res.
Runes and insignia
- 4 sentinel's insignia.
- Stonefist insignia (not on chest or leg armor).
- Rune of superior vigor.
- 2 runes of vitae.
- Replace one with a rune of clarity outside of GvG.
- Vampiric hammer of defense with "Strength and Honor".
- Sundering hammer of defense with "Strength and Honor" for accumulating lord damage.
- Elemental hammer of defense with "Strength and Honor" against warriors.
- Furious or zealous axe/sword of defense with "I have the power!".
- Furious spear of fortitude with "I have the power!" and
- Strength shield of fortitude, -20% blind duration.
- Strength shield of fortitude, -20% cripple duration.
- Strength shields of fortitude, +10 armor against each damage type.
- Use Enraging Charge as a speed boost and for adrenaline gain.
- Bull's Strike on moving targets for damage and knockdown.
- Knockdown with Devastating Hammer and Hammer Bash.
- Apply Deep Wound when needed with Crushing Blow.
- When chaining, use (Bull's Strike)->Devastating Hammer->Flail/Crushing Blow->Quarter-step,wait half a second->Hammer Bash.
Quarter knocking with and without IAS, bull's strike usage:
GvG, full match: