Build:W/any PvP Earth Shaker
This build is in the metagame and deserves to be stored.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
|This build is significantly affected by the Flux: Chain Combo. |
See the build's talk page for discussion and ramifications not noted here.
A Hammer Warrior with the ability to knockdown multiple foes if they are standing close together.
Preferred in balanced HA play.
Attributes and Skills
Your attack skills gain 13% armor penetration.
PropheciesWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Earth ShakerElite Hammer AttackTarget foe and all adjacent foes are knocked down. (50% failure chance with Hammer Mastery 4 or less.)
This attack skill has 13% armor penetration.8PropheciesWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Crushing BlowHammer AttackIf this attack hits, you strike for +19 damage. If you hit a knocked-down foe you inflict a Deep Wound, lowering your target's maximum Health by 20% for 19 seconds.
This attack skill has 13% armor penetration.510CoreWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Hammer BashHammer AttackLose all adrenaline. If Hammer Bash hits, your target is knocked down.
This attack skill has 13% armor penetration.6 CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreWarrior. Strength 13Bull's StrikeMelee AttackIf this attack hits a moving foe, you strike for +27 damage, and your target is knocked down.
This attack skill has 13% armor penetration.510NightfallWarrior. Strength 13FlailStanceFor 13 seconds, you attack 33% faster but move 33% slower.4NightfallWarrior. Strength 13Enraging ChargeStanceFor 14 seconds, you move 25% faster. Enraging Charge ends when you successfully strike a target, at which point you gain 3 strikes of adrenaline if you hit with a melee attack.520CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.3
- Protector's StrikePropheciesWarrior. Strength 13Protector's StrikeMelee AttackIf this attack strikes a moving foe, you strike for 36 more damage.
This attack skill has 13% armor penetration.5½3 : for fast, spammable damage.
- Mokele SmashNightfallWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Mokele SmashHammer AttackIf this attack hits, you strike for +19 damage and gain 3 strikes of adrenaline.512 : for additional adrenaline gain and damage.
- Grasping EarthPropheciesElementalist. Earth Magic 8Grasping EarthHex SpellFor 12 seconds, all nearby foes move 50% slower.10¾12 : especially great for hex builds (go with a spec of 14 hammer, 11 strength, 8 earth).
- Song of ConcentrationNightfallParagon. UnlinkedSong of ConcentrationChantFor 10 seconds, the next Skill used by each ally within earshot cannot be interrupted.825 : Most common optional in HA.
- Death Pact SignetNightfallRitualist. Restoration Magic 3Death Pact SignetSignetResurrect target party member with your current Health and 32% Energy. The next time that ally dies within 120 seconds, so do you.312 over Resurrection SignetCoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.3 : for a hard res.
- Belly SmashPropheciesWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Belly SmashHammer AttackIf this attack strikes a foe who is on the ground, the resulting dust cloud will blind adjacent foes for 7 seconds.5110 / Yeti SmashFactionsWarrior. Hammer Mastery 14Yeti SmashHammer AttackLose all adrenaline. Attack all adjacent foes. If this attack strikes a foe suffering from a condition, that foe is knocked down. (50% failure chance with Hammer Mastery 4 or less.)6 : for two AoE KDs.
- Survivor insignias and 1 Stonefist insignia on boot or hand.
- Sundering or Vampiric Hammer, Elemental, and Furious Hammers. Fortitude or Defense mod on either.
- A defensive set with spear + shield. Spear should have +30 health and a furious mod (you'll often want to be in this set to build adren). Keep an assortment of shields in your inventory (all the damage types, cripple reduction, blind reduction)
- Keep a longbow in your inventory to build adrenaline from afar
- Superior Vigor, Clarity, and Restoration runes.
- Upon entering battle, begin building adrenaline. When you and any other warriors on your team have adrenaline, organize a spike on a suitable target.
- Try to spike down low health targets.
- Use Bull's Strike to knock people down and set up spikes.
- Use Crushing Blow for an extremely powerful attack on targets you've knocked down.
- Use Flail to build adrenaline faster and to speed up your spikes.
- Use Enraging Charge to gain adrenaline and catch up to targets.
- After knocking someone down with Earth Shaker, it is often useful to 1/4 knock them with Hammer Bash. To do this, you use Flail after Earth Shaker, hit once with a Hammer attack, and then pause for half a second before using Hammer Bash. If done correctly, the target will be knocked down again directly after standing up and not even be able to cast a 1/4 second activation skill.
- Use your Elemental weapon to bypass enemy warriors' resistance to physical damage.
- Of course, use Resurrection Signet to resurrect dead party members.