Build:W/any PvP May Axe
This build is in the metagame and deserves to be stored.
This build has received an overall rating in the range from 4.75 to 5.0 and thus qualifies for the highest category of working builds: Great.
This build has been designed for the following use:
|This build is significantly affected by the Flux: Meek Shall Inherit. |
See the build's talk page for discussion and ramifications not noted here.
Taking advantage of the Flux Meek Shall Inherit this Axe warrior drops an elite for a general buff to damage.
Commonly seen during the Meek Shall Inherit Flux.
Attributes and Skills
Your attack skills gain 13% armor penetration.
CoreWarrior. Axe Mastery 16DismemberAxe AttackIf it hits, this axe blow will inflict a Deep Wound on the target foe, lowering that foe's maximum Health by 20% for 21 seconds.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.5CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.NightfallWarrior. Axe Mastery 16Agonizing ChopAxe AttackWhen this attack hits, you deal +21 damage. If target foe is suffering from a Deep Wound, you interrupt that foe's action.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.61CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedOptionalOptionalOptional.CoreWarrior. Strength 15Bull's StrikeMelee AttackIf this attack hits a moving foe, you strike for +30 damage, and your target is knocked down.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.510CoreWarrior. UnlinkedFrenzyStanceFor 8 seconds, you attack 33% faster but take double damage.54PropheciesWarrior. Strength 15RushStanceFor 20 seconds, you move 25% faster.4CoreNo Profession. UnlinkedResurrection SignetSignetResurrect target party member. That party member is returned to life with 100% Health and 25% Energy. This Signet only recharges when you gain a morale boost.3
- Power AttackCoreWarrior. Strength 15Power AttackMelee AttackIf this attack hits, you strike for +40 damage.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.53/Protector's StrikePropheciesWarrior. Strength 15Protector's StrikeMelee AttackIf this attack strikes a moving foe, you strike for 40 more damage.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.5½3/Executioner's StrikeCoreWarrior. Axe Mastery 16Executioner's StrikeAxe AttackIf this attack hits, you strike for +42 damage.8/Body BlowEotNWarrior. Strength 15Body BlowMelee AttackIf this attack hits, target foe takes +40 damage. If target foe has Cracked Armor, that foe suffers from a Deep Wound for 15 seconds.
This attack skill has % armor penetration.7
- ShockPropheciesElementalist. Air Magic 5ShockSkillTarget touched foe is knocked down and struck for 27 lightning damage. This skill has 25% armor penetration.105¾10
- Conjure FrostCoreElementalist. Water Magic 10Conjure FrostEnchantment SpellFor 60 seconds, if you're wielding a cold weapon, your attacks strike for an additional 15 cold damage.10145 Drop strength to 10+1 and put 8 points in the preferred elemental attribute.
- Brutal WeaponFactionsRitualist. Communing 10Brutal WeaponWeapon SpellGive target ally a Brutal Weapon for 30 seconds. The bearer's weapon strikes for +12 damage as long as the bearer is under no Enchantments.10115 Drop strength to 10+1 and put 8 points in Communing. Consider Death Pact Signet (PvP)NightfallRitualist. Restoration Magic 4Death Pact Signet (PvP)SignetResurrect target party member with your current Health and 38% Energy. The next time that ally dies within 120 seconds, so do you.412.
- Dark PrisonFactionsAssassin. Deadly Arts 8Dark PrisonHex SpellShadow Step to target foe. For 4 seconds, that foe moves 33% slower.10¼30 Drop strength by 1 for Deadly Arts
- Disrupting ChopCoreWarrior. Axe Mastery 16Disrupting ChopAxe AttackIf it hits, this attack interrupts the target's current action. If that action was a skill, that skill is disabled for an additional 20 seconds.6 for Agonizing Chop
- Zealous Axe of Defense/Fortitude, 15^50
- Elemental Axe of Defense/Fortitude, 15^50
- Vampiric Axe of Defense/Fortitude, 15^50
- Air Focus of Fortitude, 15/-1 energy
- Furious Spear of Fortitude, +5 energy
- Strength Shield of Fortitude, -20% blind
- Strength Shield of Fortitude, -20% cripple
- Strength Shields of Fortitude, +10 armor vs each damage type
Runes and Insignia
- 4x Sentinel's Insignia
- Stonefist Insignia
- Superior Vigor
- Minor Axe
- Minor Strength or Attunement, depending on preference
- Upon entering combat, carefully select a target and begin auto-attacking to build up adrenaline (Use a Furious Spear/Bow or a Wand to gain adrenaline when you can't get too close).
- Knock Down moving foes with Bull's Strike.
- Spike targets with Dismember -> Power Attack -> Agonizing Chop
- Use Frenzy to spike faster and/or increase the amount of pressure you're putting out.
- Use Rush to chase kiting foes, cancel Frenzy, or as a simple movement speed buff.
- Swap to appropriate weapon sets as necessary (Ebon when attacking another Warrior, etc.)
- Maintain your Conjure if you have brought one.
- Resurrect allies when necessary.
- Standard Anti-Melee