Help:Frequently Asked Questions
- 1 I want to submit my build, but I have no idea of how to create a page. How can I create my own page with a new build?
- 2 I found a cleanup tag on my build and it was moved to Stubs, what happened?
- 3 I submitted a build, but now the page is gone! What happened?
- 4 How can I make a cool custom signature?
- 5 I don't recieve the verification email no matter what I do! What's wrong?
- 6 Editing a page makes my computer slow. What can I do about it?
- 7 How can I rate builds?
This page lists several common questions about PvXwiki, and provides an answer to each. If you feel a question/answer belongs here that isn't listed, feel free to add it. For more in-depth coverage of common issues, see our New User Guide and Policies.
I want to submit my build, but I have no idea of how to create a page. How can I create my own page with a new build?
- Go to PvXwiki:Sandbox and edit the page to create a link to what you want the build to be called. Click on this link and begin editing at the new location. For more information on creating pages, read here.
I found a cleanup tag on my build and it was moved to Stubs, what happened?
- Your build was found to be lacking in formatting and presentation quality. Take a look at the style guide to see where your build article is lacking. All builds must meet a minimum standard of formatting and presentation quality before leaving the Stubs section.
I submitted a build, but now the page is gone! What happened?
- Your build was either moved or deleted. Go to Special:Logs and search for your build. If it was moved, a link will be provided in the logs. If it was deleted, the reason for deletion will be shown. See the naming guidelines and the criterion for deletion to understand why this may have happened. If you believe your build was deleted in error or wish for the build to be restored to your userspace, leave a message on the talk page of the administrator who deleted it.
How can I make a cool custom signature?
- Check out this guide.
I don't recieve the verification email no matter what I do! What's wrong?
- First of all, check your Spam folder and see if it's there. Unfortunately, the wiki has problems with sending mails to some email providers. Try signing up with a Gmail address which is known to work properly.
Editing a page makes my computer slow. What can I do about it?
- Go to My Preferences → Editing and check Disable Rich Text Editing (second from below), then hit Save.
How can I rate builds?
- At the top of overy build page you'll find the rating box. Click on the link Rating and you'll enter the rate screen. Few requirements must be met to allow vote submissions:
- You need to log in.
- You need to authenticate your e-mail address.
- You need to make at least 2 contributions to the wiki. A contribution is any edit to any page. A good way to get your first few contributions is to post some feedback on builds, or even post your own. It doesn't matter what the contributions are (as long as they're within policy).