The Curse Noticeboard
This is a place where issues that only a Curse Staff member can sort out. These issues will usually pertain to coding problems, relating to our PvXCode, or even the wiki's numerous extensions and special pages.
Please remember that PvXWiki has it's own Admin Noticeboard, and if an issue can be solved by an admin, post the issue there and not here.
To post an issues, please add it to the bottom of the section which the issue belongs, give the issue a suitable heading (Using a level 3 heading (3 ='s either side of the heading) E.G. ===Special:RecentRatings=== if there's a problem with the Recent Ratings page). Underneath the heading, give a brief discription of what's wrong, and sign and date your issue with 4 ~'s.
Note that this is not a talk page and that the respective moderators of each section reserve the right to remove non-administrative comments without discussion.
User Rights issues
This section is for issues related to user rights. Archived issues for this section can be found here.
General Coding issues
Download link goes to https://gwpvx.gamepedia.com/wiki/Special:DownloadTemplate?build=OgFZguEq4FySpMTaVpAAAAAAAAAAAAA&name=Sandbox which worked fine on my local version and is completely messed up here (tries to find the page "Wiki/Special:DownloadTemplate" - curse /wiki/ url setup behaviour?
Using nowiki tags is ignored within pvxbig tags. Frenzy
- It is not wikicode and I don't think pvxcode has ever behaved like that. If you want to escape it you can still use
as you always could.
- This is caused by using "div" elements for the hidden inline placeholders. Divs cannot be used as inline elements without being mangled by the HTML5 tidy parser used by MW. Solution is to convert to span elements and use CSS. CSS currently being devised. -Chieftain Alex (talk) 22:36, 3 April 2020 (UTC)
Spaces after skill name tooltips (particularly iconless)
Using iconless skill codes in text, like [[frenzy], omits the space that's printed after it. [[frenzy] victim
- will print as "frenzyvictim".CoreWarrior. UnlinkedFrenzyStanceFor 8 seconds, you attack 33% faster but take double damage.54
- Not sure what this is at the moment, but having disabled the MW parser I can confirm this particular bug stems from gwbbcode.inc.php -Chieftain Alex (talk) 22:36, 3 April 2020 (UTC)
- I think I've identified the cause - there is a weird
[ ]?regex clause on the end of line 84 of gwbbcode.inc.php. I have no idea why that would be there (would appreciate any advice from Phen/Toraen/et al - the only thing I can think of is that it was an old way to fool a previous parser version) - the whitespace issue is fixed if I remove it. -Chieftain Alex (talk) 23:01, 3 April 2020 (UTC)
- I think I've identified the cause - there is a weird
PvXbig Skill Errors
For any skills with incorrect descriptions or images, add a new heading and give an example within pvxbig tags using [skill name]. Add a description of the problem under the PvXbig tags.
Issues fixed in the editcopy and awaiting sync will be noted. Once the sync has taken place, all fixed skills will be removed from the list.
Soul Reaping description
Uses an old description of this attribute - Soul Reaping no longer affects spirits.
- Oh right. Yeah the primary attribute descriptions were always there in pvxcode, just hidden before, and incomplete. Prior to 2007 November this description was correct :D
- Editcopy updated to:
$desc .= '<span class="expert">Gain <b>' . $attr_list['Soul Reaping'] . '</b> Energy whenever a non-Spirit creature near you dies, up to 3 times every 15 seconds.</span><br/>';
Spawning Power description
Inaccurate spawning power description. Also affects most other summoned creatures, including asura summons, excluding ebon vanguard assassin.
- Editcopy updated to "Spirits and minions" to "Creatures".
$desc .= '<span class="expert">Creatures you create have <b>' . (4 * $attr_list['Spawning Power']) . '%</b> more Health, and weapon spells you cast last <b>' . (4 * $attr_list['Spawning Power']) . '%</b> longer.</span><br/>';
Fast Casting description
Wrong fast casting formula. Signets cast as quickly as spells.
- This formula is based on gww:Fast Casting per below:
$desc .= '<span class="expert">You activate Spells <b>' . (100 - floor(pow(0.955, $attr_list['Fast Casting'])*100)) . '%</b> and Signets <b>' . (3 * $attr_list['Fast Casting']) . '%</b> faster. (No effect for non-Mesmer skills with a cast time less than 2 seconds.)</span><br/>'; $desc .= '<span class="expert">In PvE, the recharge time of your Mesmer Spells is reduced by <b>' . (3 * $attr_list['Fast Casting']) . '%</b>.</span><br/>';
- The values are afaik identical to the table. -Chieftain Alex (talk) 19:46, 2 April 2020 (UTC)
- We've tested this in december and found identical casting times of spells and signets. For ease of comparison we used spells and signets with the same casting time (resurrection signet vs. minions, signet of return vs. resurrect) and checked the casting time via slowed down video to make sure we're not falling trap to our gut feeling. --Krschkr (talk) 22:12, 2 April 2020 (UTC)
- I take it your proposed revised code would therefore be:
$desc .= '<span class="expert">You activate Spells and Signets <b>' . (100 - floor(pow(0.955, $attr_list['Fast Casting'])*100)) . '%</b> faster. (No effect for non-Mesmer skills with a cast time less than 2 seconds.)</span><br/>'; $desc .= '<span class="expert">In PvE, the recharge time of your Mesmer Spells is reduced by <b>' . (3 * $attr_list['Fast Casting']) . '%</b>.</span><br/>';