This page is a community project on PvXwiki.
It exists to provide guidance in improving the wiki and all users are encouraged to participate.
This project exists to document the effect of the Flux and determine which builds and strategies are affected (positively or negatively).
A download of all builds significantly affected by the fluxes in the yearly cycle is available here.
As of the April 28, 2011 update, the global PvP effect, Flux, was added. With this, there has been implemented a monthly cycle of passive, environmental effects which affect all players in any PvP arena. As stated in the Developer Notes which came out in parallel with this update,
"The introduction of Flux is a compelling tool to help us keep our competitive formats dynamic, while allowing us to further balance the game. Because slight shifts in the meta are expected from Flux to Flux, it allows us to better target overly problematic builds. If powerful builds can thrive in environments that are not suited to them, we can review the skills to bring them more into line. We want to encourage gameplay where the team that wins does so because they've played more skillfully.".
The effect is Hidden Talent. This grants an extra 2 attribute ranks to all of a character's secondary attributes of their secondary profession.
Given the stated nature of this effect, certain attention is due to builds stored here on PvXwiki which may thrive in the Flux, now and as it changes. Below is an overview of strategies and skills which are affected by the current Flux effect.
- Builds designed to use their secondary profession.
- Many builds that use secondary profession skills can redistribute attribute points since breakpoints are met at lower investment.
Flux effects in the current yearly cycle
- Odran's Razor: January
- Amateur Hour: February
- Hidden Talent: March
- There Can Be Only One: April
- Meek Shall Inherit: May
- Jack of All Trades: June
- Chain Combo: July
- Xinrae's Revenge: August
- Like a Boss: September
- Minion Apocalypse: October
- All In: November
- Parting Gift: December
Historical flux effects
- Lone Wolf: April 28, 2011 - May 31, 2011
- Unyielding Spirit: June 1, 2011 - June 30, 2011
- Quickening Terrain: August 1, 2011 - August 31, 2011
- Massive Damage: September 1, 2011 - September 30, 2011
- Courier's Haste: December 1, 2011 - December 31, 2011
- Keep Yourself Alive: February 1, 2012 - February 29, 2012
- Hive Mind: April 1, 2012 - April 30, 2012
- Inverse Ninja Law: May 1, 2012 - May 31, 2012
- Bounty Hunter: June 1, 2012 - June 30, 2012