PvXwiki:Flux/Jack of All Trades
The effect is Jack of All Trades. If you spec 8-11 ranks into all of your attribute lines that are not rank 0, you gain +15% damage, a 25% reduction in skill activation time and a 20% reduction of energy costs. Note that the 8-11 spec includes any bonuses due to runes. Effects that buff or reduce attributes (like Glyph of Elemental Power and Weakness) have no effect on whether you receive the bonus, as it is determined upon zoning into an instance.
Given the stated nature of this effect, certain attention is due to builds stored here on PvXwiki which may thrive in the Flux, now and as it changes. Below is an overview of strategies and skills which are affected by the current Flux effect.
- Elemenatlists can make up for the lower attribute ranks with Master of Magic/Elemental Attunement.
- Rangers can decrease their Expertise from 14 to 11 (then use those attribute points to spec 8-11 in all their other attributes) and it would not make a difference to the reduction of energy costs usually provided by Expertise, since Expertise 11 with the 20% reduction of energy costs provided by the Flux is equivalent to the reduction of energy costs provided by Expertise 14. In addition, the 20% reduction of energy costs provided by the Flux also affects skills that Expertise does not.
- In August 2012 before the August 12 update, the attribute requirement was 9 in 4 attributes.
- In August 2012 after the August 12 update, the attribute requirement was increased to 10 in 4 attributes.
- In August 2013, the attribute requirement was 8-11 ranks in 4 attributes.